Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
oops, I was mistaken, the kit is actually complete
Peter R from Richmond BC writes:
- Previously I agreed with reviewer Darryl that a microSD card was not included, but closer inspection in better light shows me that what I thought was NOOBS on an SD card was in fact a matt black 16GB microSD card inserted into an SD adapter that is the exact same matt black color. So the kit is complete as advertised, and usable without any other microSD card needed, nor any external PC for memory card preparation.
- The mini wireless keyboard seems more trouble than it is worth; most users will want a full size keyboard. But the mini keyboard is usable for minor tasks, and is easy to store out of the way.
- It is definitely worth the money. Computers have come a long way in the past 50 years.
same problem as Darryl
PeterR from Richmond BC writes:
- Convenient to get a nearly complete kit from a local store rather than deal with mail order. I am still waiting for a kit ordered from a different vendor.
- Same as Darryl discovered, my "complete kit" also came with NOOBS on a regular SD card, not a microSD with an adapter. Fortunately, I had seen Darryl's review beforehand, so I also purchased a 32GB microSD card, onto which I transferred a newer copy of NOOBS downloaded from raspberrypi.org . It was not a trivial task; I had to follow the instructions carefully, but I did get my RPi to boot and configure and use WiFi. The mini keyboard with trackpad will take a lot of time to get used to.
- It's working, but be prepared to follow instructions. You will need another computer and a microSD card to get up and running.
Nice product but with a packaging glitch
Darryl Staflund from EDMONTON NORTH writes:
- - Nice packaging - Good price - Nice keyboard with optional bluetooth adapter (I believe -- I only took a cursory glance at it.)
- Just some small weaknesses: - Can with a large SD card even though a microSD card is required - Raspian OS download takes a long time (NB: It'll be faster just to copy OS from large SD card to microSD card to save time.) - Plastic container is hard to re-open once you close it
- I'd buy it again.
Great for retropie
Strider from Stony Plain writes:
- Using it as a retropie classic gaming rig with a wireless xbox controller. Also streams media great.
- none so far
- Great for the money. wireless keyboard works flawlessly. SD card adapter with a micro SD inserted..