Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Update, my old board was finicky with this drive
Collin from Calgary writes:
- Fast... on my Crosshair VI/Ryzen 7 build at least. Sustains 100-125MB/s transfering files between it and my 960EVO NVMe SSD and 850EVO SSD.
- Seems to have issues with certain hardware configurations. Does not play well with my X99 SABERTOOTH/i7-5930k build where it's barely above USB 2.0 speeds. None of my other external drives have problems with that board on any of its USB 3.0 ports.
- My old review stated this drive was painfully slow compared to the Backup Plus Slim. It was on my X99 board, but It's not when attached to my Crosshair VI board where it performs on par with my Seagate Backup Plus Slim drives and out performs my WD My Passport drives.
Handy little unit
Andrew C from Calgary writes:
- Legacy support, I was not sure how it would fair but it turned out really well. Read/write on usb 2.0 ran from 24 ~ 30 mb/s Read/Write on usb 3.0 ran from 110 ~ 133 mb/s 1.5 tb for a great price (bought on sale) Plug and play on both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0
- Could be faster... :P
- Mr grumpy pants above should either a. check what port hes plugged into or b. find out if he even has 3.0 before complaining about the product, i like it, its a hard drive and it works!! OMG
Drive failed within 3 months of purchasing
Steve from Calgary writes:
- Cheap when on sale
- Drive failed soon after purchase. I had to ship the drive at my own cost to Seagate and they eventually shipped me a brand new 2TB Expansion as a replacement. I purchased a Backup Plus at the same time I originally purchased this drive and have had no problems with that drive so far.
- Even on sale this drive is not worth the headache.
Buy when on sale, avoid when not
Collin from Calgary writes:
- Okay deal only when on sale. Works fine for large file data backups you won't have to access often, or for storage of media files that don't require fast read speeds for playback.
- Too high price for the seriously slow speed of this drive when it's not on sale. 1/3 the speed of either the Seagate Backup Plus Slim or WD My Passport Ultra drives. Write speed averages 32MB/s on the same ports my Backup Plus Slim and WD My Passport drives average 105MB/s (large file transfers). Small file transfers are painfully slow.
- Bought this on sale so I am not really disappointed in it, but in hindsight I would have just spent more for another backup plus slim or my passport drive. Got this drive because of the price and it's 1.5TB which is exactly the size I needed to maintain backups of my 2x 250GB SSD's in RAID 0 + a 1TB WD Black secondary drive. If it's not on sale for at least 25% off, spend the extra money on a 2TB Backup Plus Slim or My Passport Ultra drive.