Average Rating: With 6 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Great sound quality, but uncomfortable and noisy
Patrick Roy from Southwest of Edmonton writes:
- Great sound quality Can be used with computers and phones Long extension cord Comfortable Earpieces Metal headband, will last for years (no plastic headband breaking in half)
- Headband has no padding (Uncomfortable) Headphones transmit any touch noise to the ears, the metal vibrates like a bell, and the cord is extremely noisy from the slightest movement In-line volume control knob can be bumped by rubbing against clothing Mic detaches, instead of folding Suspension headband springs creak when you move
- To me, this is an experiment in a new design from Kingston, that falls short of it's other, cheaper headphones. The slight increase in sound quality over the Cloud Core and Stinger headsets doesn't justify the price. Kingston has sound quality down, but they need to work on comfort.
Ben from Calgary writes:
- It has very good mic quality and sound quality. It is very sturdy, no issues so far.
- Due to the metal headband every time it is touched it makes a very loud sound in your ears.
- It is a great headset for the price although I would get it on sale.
Good enough but not perfect.
Richard from Edmonton writes:
- -Steel headband and comfy faux leather ear pads. Feels extremely sturdy. -Sound is good enough for me, because I don't have $700 headphones to compare them to. -The headset is decently heavy, but I haven't had issues with strain after long sessions. -Mic quality is good when I'm speaking, other than the major issue below. -I guess the detachable mic and detachable headphone/mic splitter would be pros if someone ever wanted to use this headset for music or for travel.
- -Detachable mic has constant background white noise out of the box, which has been a frequent issue for me when buying other headsets with detachable mics as well. I need to use software noise cancellation just to voice chat without bothering everyone. -Due to the steel construction, sound reverberates into the headphones whenever anything touches or rubs the cable or any part of the headset. -The faux leather and memory foam does trap in heat after long gaming sessions though.
- Still contemplating whether or not to contact HyperX support to see if the white noise/interference is normal. I have isolated the issue to the headphone/mic splitter+volume control cable, but the headset works for now. This being the first Kingston headset I've bought, I'd still give them another chance if these ever die on me.
Great sound, very comfortable
Kyle Jones from Calgary writes:
- Price is right on point. They sound great and are very comfortable for those long sessions.
- After having 3 logitech headsets die on me I figured I'd switch. If these ever broke on me I'd instantly buy them again, no question.
Computer Tech from Calgary writes:
- They just plain work, im running windows 10 64 bit, and there is no issues at all! I bought a Logitech G35 headset and it died after a year, but these are good so far, i use skype, other chat programs and they all work great with the headset. Like the fact that it can have the mic detached which is great when i want to listen to music, the usb attachment has the extra controls which also helps.
- So far nothing
- Great headset so far!!!
Fantastic headset, no bs or gimmics
Dan from Calgary, AB writes:
- Design, comfort, weight, performance, and aesthetics are perfect. I love everything about this headset. They've even gone as far as making the headset plug into the controller with a 3 way 1/8th inch. So it can plug into any device designed for using a single wire headset (phones, tablets, laptops, ps4/xbox controllers). The mic is also detachable, so you can wear these out of the house as regular headphones.
- The volume adjustment makes a small scratching sound in one ear, when adjusting it and there is no sound being played.
- 10/10 totally recommended.