Battery powered scanner with Wi-Fi connectivity for the ultimate in portability!
The cross platform compatible ScanSnap iX100 brings the power and intuitiveness of the ScanSnap range of models to a compact and totally wireless format. Weighing just 400g the ScanSnap iX100 comes with a USB rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that is capable of up to 260 A4 scans on a full charge. Combined with an ability to scan either via a wireless network to PC workstations or mobile devices running the ScanSnap Connect Application this ScanSnap delivers a true ‘scan anytime scan anywhere potential’.
The ScanSnap iX100 can automatically detect Wi-Fi networks at home, in the office or on the go, it is only needed to be set up once after which any regularly visited network environment will be automatically detected. Alternatively with Direct Connect mode it is possible to scan wirelessly beyond an infrastructure network, simply download the ScanSnap Connect Application free of charge from the official application distribution services and then scan, save and distribute documents directly to an iPad, iPhone or Android device.
A multitude of everyday documents can be seamlessly processed by the iX100 at a speedy 5 seconds, whether it be business cards or receipts (check out the impressive dual scan functionality that allows you to scan small documents simultaneously), photos, thicker items like postcards, bills, everyday A4 documents or even A3 documents. Scan both sides of a folded A3 document one after the other and if an adjoining pattern is detected the bundled software will automatically join the 2 page images together.
The iX100 will automatically detect and scan in black and white or colour, will recognize the size of each document and scan accordingly, will detect and correct for skew and will show images in their proper orientation with blank pages removed. All these automatic functions help ensure that the first scan is the best scan and minimise operator involvement.
An inbuilt GI processor helps set the iX100 apart when it comes to scanning performance and reliability delivering an impressive feeding performance. Indeed scanning speeds are maintained even if the target device is not up to the pace or cabled connectivity is lacking, scanning via a Wi-Fi connection is made effortless and hassle free.
Scan your everyday documents from business card to A3 size (A3 is also possible with the use of an optional carrier sheet) and then view, file, edit or distribute your digitised documents.
The ScanSnap iX100 comes with a choice of paper paths, a straight paper path aids for the scanning of everyday documents and thick materials like post cards, business cards, and plastic ID or credit cards and a u-turn path helps facilitate the scanning process when space is at a premium or indeed when the Continuous Document Feeding function is activated. The Continuous Document Feeding function allows the insertion of pages one after another by detecting when a sheet enters and exits. Set the document face-up into the iX100 and push the Scan button, the iX100 will then proceed to scan the front side after which the page will exit from the top of the scanner if the paper path is set to U-turn, simply then re-insert the page without pressing the Scan button to scan the back side. After scanning has finished, press the Scan button to save the file.
Quick Menu Productivity
The Quick Menu allows you to quickly transition between different scanning intentions. Just press the scan button and choose what you want ScanSnap to do. QuickMenu has been additionally enhanced so that now it can be set up to display your ‘Favourite’ scanning destinations or ‘Recommend’ an application for example if you are scanning a business card it could ‘Recommend’ CardMinder.
- Scan to Folder: Store PDF scans to a folder
- Scan to Email: Eliminate faxing and share electronic documents over email
- Scan Business Card: Scan business cards and automatically extract contact information
- Scan to Print: Use ScanSnap with your printer to create copies
- Scan to Word (.doc): Scan directly to an editable Word file
- Scan to Excel® (.xls): Scan directly to an editable Excel® file
- Scan to PowerPoint® (.ppt): Scan directly to an editable PowerPoint® file
- Scan to Picture Folder or iPhoto: Store JPEG scans to a folder.
- Scan to Microsoft SharePoint®, Scan to SalesForce chatter
- Scan to iPhone®/iPad®, Android™ or Kindle™ devices
- Scan to Cloud: Scan to Dropbox, Evernote®, Google Docs™* and/or SugarSync
Scan to Mobile
The ScanSnap iX100 in addition to being able to wirelessly scan to a PC or Mac also supports wireless scanning to mobiles and tablets including iOS, Android* and Kindle devices. In conjunction with the ScanSnap Connect Application** users can initiate the scanning process from the scanner or mobile device to enjoy greater flexibility in accessing and distributing their documents.
* Works on devices running Android 2.2 or later. For a list of Android smartphones/tablets supported, go to Fujitsu site
**ScanSnap Connect Application is available as a free download from the official application distribution service of the device (e.g Google Play, Amazon App Store and Apple App Store).
Scansnap Receipt The ScanSnap Receipt software allows you to easily scan and extract information from your receipts, and even export the data for tax filing.
*Available via an Online-Update only
Sync With ScanSnap Sync built into ScanSnap Organizer software and the ScanSnap Connect app, captured documents are automatically synchronized with all your devices through Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
*Available via an Online-Update only
More Ways to Scan to Cloud
Directly interact with your digitised data anywhere and anytime from any device via the cloud. Like all current ScanSnap models, the iX100 can link to cloud services Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs™, SugarSync, Salesforce Chatter and SharePoint Online (for Windows®).
ScanSnap Folder ScanSnap iX100 supports a direct scanning potential to any windows application that has an import or browse function and supports pdf or jpg. When no scanning interface is available, ScanSnap Folder can act as a host folder transferring your scanned data direct from your scanner to your chosen application. Please visit Fujitsu site for further details
|Scanner type||Single Sheet, Simplex, Colour Scanning with CDF (Continuous Document Feeding)|
|Scan mode||Colour / Grayscale / Monochrome / Automatic Detection|
|Image sensor||CIS (Contact Image Sensor) X 1|
|Light source||3 colour LED (Red / Green / Blue)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi (dots per inch)|
|Scanning Speed¹ (A4 portrait)||Auto Mode(2) 5.2 seconds per page
Normal mode 5.2 seconds per page
Better mode 5.2 seconds per page
Best mode 5.2 seconds per page
Excellent mode 20.4 seconds per page
|Document Size||Normal Mode: A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Business Card, Post Card, Letter, Legal and Custom Sizes, Max: 216 X 360mm, Min: 25.4 x 25.4 mm, Automatically recognizes document size A3, B4 - Automatic Stitching
Normal Mode w/Carrier Sheet: Use of a carrier sheet permits the scanning of A3, B4, double letter and photographs as well as the document sizes that are listed above
Long Document4 Max: 216 x 863 mm @ 300dpi or less
|Paper/ Card Weight (Thickness)||Paper: 52 to 209 g/m² (Straight path)
Paper: 52 to 80 g/m2 (U turn path)
Card: Portrait or Landscape (Straight Path)
Non-embossed: 0.76 mm or less
Embossed: 0.76 + 0.48 mm (ISO7810 Conforming)
|Interface5||USB2.0 (USB1.1 Compatible)|
|Software Interface (Driver)³||ScanSnap Manager (TWAIN/ISIS™ not supported on Mac or PC)³|
|Power Source||Li-ion battery (3.7V)|
|Power Requirement||5V / 0.5A (1 Port USB power)|
|Dimensions||273 x 47.5 x 36 mm|
1. Scanning speeds may vary due to the system environment used. Scanning speed measured from "start feeding document" to "finish output document" after pre-pick and pressing scan button (not including warm-up time). Warm-up time is less than 2 seconds (or less than 3 seconds from chute cover closed).
2. Documents measuring approximately 148 mm in length or less are scanned in "Best Mode" while other documents are scanned in "Better Mode".
3. Device cannot be selected as a TWAIN, ISIS®, or WIA source. Applications that require these drivers cannot be used directly.
4. iX100 is capable of scanning documents that exceed A4 size in length. This function is available for all modes except excellent mode.
5. PC with USB 3.0 will work as USB 2.0 guaranteed only with USB cable provided with product.
6. When chute is closed.
7. PFU Limited, a Fujitsu company, has determined that this product meets RoHS requirements (2002/95/EC).