Powerful Possibilities For Next Generation Desktop PCs
Looking and amazing processor for your next desktop PC? Look no further than the 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. With amazing performance and stunning visuals, PCs powered by 6th Gen Intel Core processors wil help take things to the next level and transform how you use a PC. The performance of 6th Gen Intel Core processors enable great user experiences today and in the future, including no passwords and more natural user interfaces. When paired with Intel® RealSense™ technology and Windows* 10, 6th Gen Intel Core processors can help remove the hassle of remembering and typing in passwords.
- New architecture and design in the 6th Gen Intel Core processors for desktops bring:
- Support for DDR4 RAM memory technology in mainstream platforms, allowing systems to have up to 64GB of memory and higher transfer speeds at lower power when compared to DDR3 (DDR4 speed 2133 MT/s at 1.2V vs DDR3 speed 1600 MT/s at 1.5).
- 6th Gen Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors come with Intel® Turbo boost 2.0 Technology which gives you that extra burst of performance for those jobs that require a bit more frequency.1
- Videos come to life in Ultra HD 4K, so users can enjoy amazing and vibrant multimedia experiences on Ultra HD and 4K display (up to 4096x2304 resolution).1 To deliver this experience, Intel® Core™ i7, i5 and i3 processors incorporate support for HEVC, VP8 and VP9.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video technology accelerates most video capabilities, allowing users to create and share in real-time and multi-task without interruption.
- 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 and Core™ i5 processors also support graphics programmability features such as OpenCL 2.0 so programmers can easily take advantage of the graphics compute capabilities.
- With native support for the new DirectX 125 API, the 6th Gen Intel Core processors can provide a better experience for gaming and graphics that take advantage of DirectX 12.
- 6th Gen Intel Core processors offer hardware-level security features such as:
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)that helps protect your system and your data.1
- Intel® Memory Protection Extensions1 helps protect application's run time integrity.
- Intel® Device Protection Technology with BIOS Guard 2.0 1 and Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard help protect your system during boot.
Whether you use your PC for gaming, rendering, editing or creating, The 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family delivers a great PC experience.
|Model Number||Intel® Core™ i5-6600 Processor|
|Number of Cores||4|
|Number of Threads||4|
|Clock Speed||3.3 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||3.9 GHz|
|Total Cache||6 MB|
|Memory Type||DDR4 / DDR3L|
|Memory Speed Support||1866/2133 (DDR4) / 1333/1600 (DDR3L) @ 1.35V|
|Max # of Memory Channels||2|
|Integrated Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 530|
|Frequency||Base: 350 MHz
Dynamic: 1.15 GHz
|Max Memory||1.7 GB|
|PCI Express Revision||3.0|
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes||16|
|Thermal Solution||Intel Retail Boxed Fan Heatsink|
|Thermal Design Power||65 W|
- Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No computer system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at [intel.com]
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX)* are designed to achieve higher throughput to certain integer and floating point operations. Due to varying processor power characteristics, utilizing AVX instructions may cause a) some parts to operate at less than the rated frequency and b) some parts with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 to not achieve any or maximum turbo frequencies. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration and you should consult your system manufacturer for more information. *Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions refers to Intel® AVX, Intel® AVX2 or Intel® AVX-
- Actual number of ports available may vary by processor number and system configuration. Please refer to the specifications corresponding to the processor number of interest or consult your system vendor for more information.
- WARNING: Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose. For more information, visit: http://www.intel.com/consumer/game/gaming-power.htm
- Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.