For stunning flash photography even in complex lighting environments, Canon's new Speedlite 430EX III-RT offers a fantastic combination of advanced features and simple operation. Compact in size, yet powerful in range, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT not only provides a portable light source, it has easy to manage features that can enhance contrast, color temperature, brightness and focus of light for more natural-looking photography. Whether bouncing the light source off a wall or ceiling, using its integrated Catchlight panel to brighten up a subject's face, or using its bounce adapter to soften the intensity of the flash beam, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT is impressively versatile. With convenient custom and personal functions, speedy recycle times and advanced wireless photography options, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT can be an indispensable accessory for photographers ready to take their flash photography to the next level.
- Compact body for space efficiency and style.
- Zoom flash head covers a range of 24-105mm; maximum guide number 141 ft./43m at ISO 100.
- Convenient controls include a built-in Catchlight Panel to help enhance the subject's facial expression, Dot-matrix LCD and Control Dial that help provide smooth operation and use.
- A broad bounce angle range allows the flash head to be moved up from 0-90°, 150° to the left and 180° to the right.
- Wireless flash shooting support is available for both radio and optical transmission offering users greater functional range when using a flash.
- Shortened recycling time and quick firing from 0.1-2.5 seconds per flash.
- Accessory options include a color filter and new bounce adapter that adjust temperature and brightness helping to produce more natural-looking photographs.
- Enhanced Flash Exposure Compensation and Light Distribution settings allow the user to make lighting adjustments based on their specific needs.
- 10 Custom Functions and 8 Personal Functions allow the user to tailor the Speedlite to their personal needs.
Works with Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)
|Guide Number||Supports a shooting angle of view with a lens focal length of 24-105mm
The maximum Guide No. is approximately 141.1 ft./43m at ISO 100 and 105mm flash coverage
When the extendable wide panel is pulled out, the flash coverage is 14mm
|Number of Flashes||Approx. 180-1200 flashes (with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries)|
|Recycling Time||Normal flash: Approx. 0.1-3.5 sec.
Quick flash: Approx. 0.1-2.5 sec.
With size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries
Flash-ready state indicated by lights (red for normal flash, green for quick flash)
|Flash Range||Effective flash range with EF 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100
Quick Flash (at Guide No. 62.7 ft./19.1m):
High-speed Sync (at 1/250 sec. shutter speed):
|AF Assist Beam||Emission method switchable in Personal Functions between Intermittent flashes and Infrared AF-assist beam.
Emitting small series of flashes is supported during viewfinder shooting, and Quick mode during Live View shooting or movie shooting.
Effective Range (Approx.):
|Custom Functions||10 Functions|
|Personal Functions||8 Functions|
|Power Source||Four AA-size/LR6 alkaline or AA/HR6 Ni-MH batteries|
|Internal Sound Generator||N/A|
|External Power Source||N/A|
|Dimensions||Approx. 70.5 x 113.8 x 98.2 mm (2.78 x 4.48 x 3.87 in)|
|Weight||Approx. 295g (0.6 lb)|