The Fractal Design Define S lends the appearance, sound dampening technology, and support for a wide variety of components from the widely popular Define Series, while introducing a new, innovative internal layout. The Define S case is packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The modernized internal layout of the Define S omits the optical drive bays, instead focusing on a clear straight airflow path and uncompromising water cooling support.
The Define S case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, multiple ModuVent™ fan vent covers and finely tuned Dynamic Series fans.
- Optimally designed for silent computing, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Innovative internal layout, providing a perfectly straight airflow path to the CPU heatsink for air cooling set ups or extensive radiator mounting possibilities for water cooling set ups.
- Extensive water cooling support for a case of this size; housing radiators up to 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front.
- Including smart reservoir brackets; featuring drill-free reservoir mounting on the front of the motherboard tray and pre-drilled pump mounting holes on the bottom panel.
- Equipped with ModuVent™ fan slot covers providing the option of additional cooling or maximum sound absorption.
- Including two Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with dust filters that cover the front and bottom air intakes.
- Introducing newly designed hard drive trays placed vertically behind the front partition of the motherboard tray; Three sturdy steel trays with vibration-dampening grommets allowing for installation of one 3.5" or 2.5" drive on each tray, without disrupting the airflow or interfering with the radiator mounting possibilities.
- An additional 2 dedicated steel SSD trays cleanly placed behind the motherboard tray.
- Long motherboard tray extending to the front panel contributing to an extremely clean build, hiding both hard drives and cables.
|Type||ATX Case with Flexible Water Cooling Potential|
|Motherboards||ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard compatibility|
|Expansion Slots||7 Expansion slots|
|Multi GPU Support||Yes|
|Video Card Length||Graphics cards up to 425 mm in length with front fans installed, without compromising HDD capacity; Graphics cards up to 450mm in length without front fans installed directly in line with the GPU.|
|CPU Cooler Height||Up to 180mm in height|
|5.25" Drive Bays||None|
|3.5" / 2.5" Drive Bays||3 x 3.5" Bays (Can accommodate 2.5" units)
2 x 2.5" Dedicated Bays
|Power Supply||Supports ATX PSUs up to 180/170 mm with a bottom 120/140mm fan installed; When not using any bottom fan location longer PSUs up to 300mm can be used.|
|Cooling||Front: 3 x 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
Rear: 1 x 120/140 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
Top: 3 x 120/140 mm fan (not included) or 1 - 180 mm fan with 165mm hole spacing (not included)
Bottom: 1 x 120/140 mm fan (not included)
Side: 1 x 120/140 mm fan (not included)
|Liquid Cooling|| Front: 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators of all thicknesses
Top: 420, 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators. (A thickness limitation of 55mm for both radiator + fan applies on 420, 280 and 140 mm radiators)
Bottom: 120 mm radiator (Use of radiators in the bottom position limits the PSU length to 165 mm)
Rear: 120 or 140 mm radiator
|Front (Side) I/O Panel|| 2 x USB 3.0
Power button with LED (blue)
HDD activity LED (blue)
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||233 x 451 x 520 mm (9.17 x 17.75 x 20.47 in)|
|Weight||9.1 kg (20.06 lb)|