The PEXUSB3S25 2-Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card lets you add two USB 3.0 ports to your PCI Express-enabled computer system, with an optional LP4 power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.0 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0).
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP is not supported by all operating systems). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The PCIe USB 3.0 adapter is compliant with USB 3.0 standards for data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, while still offering backward compatibility with existing USB 2.0 / 1.1 devices. For added versatility, the controller card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
- Increase efficiency of your USB 3.0 devices with up to 5 Gbps of bandwidth
- Fits into full or low-profile/small form factor (SFF) systems, with a dual profile design
- Power high-powered USB devices as necessary, with the optional LP4 power connector
- Upgrade an older PCIe-based system from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 connectivity
- Expand the USB capabilities of your system with two additional external ports
- Connect additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc. to a computer system
|Bus type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Industry Standards||USB 3.0 Specification Rev. 1.0
USB Battery Charging Specification Rev. 1.2
PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 2.0
Intel xHCI Specification Rev. 1.0
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 / 8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64)
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
Linux 2.6.31 or later
|Dimensions||3.2 x 0.7 x 4.7 inches
82 x 18 x 120 mm
|Weight||1.8 oz [51 g]|