Black Aluminum 5.25in Professional SATA Hard Drive Mobile Rack Drawer
Swap SATA hard drives in and out of a PC or server, quickly and securely
This high quality Removable SATA Hard Drive Drawer/Mobile Rack delivers a professional-grade SATA hot-swap solution, allowing you to quickly swap Serial ATA hard drives in and out of a computer without having to open the computer case.
- Fits a single SATA drive into a front accessible 5.25" bay
- Heavy duty aluminum construction for the drive caddy and bay
- Key lockable drive caddy
- Rubber shock absorbers
- 7,000+ insertion rating
- Dual front mounted ball-bearing fans
- Power and fan status LED
- Support for SATA revision I / II / III (1.5 / 3.0 / 6.0 Gbps)
- Supports 3.5" form factor SATA hard drives
- Includes a copy of drive hot-swapping software
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
- System builders who need to image many drives simultaneously and quickly
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Mobile rack system makes removing/replacing drives quick and safe, while a key lock prevents unauthorized access to the drive
- Rubber shock absorbers, and solid aluminum construction ensure the drive is protected both inside and outside the computer system
Simply install the (included) drive bay into a 5.25in drive bay on the host computer, then mount a 3.5in SATA HDD in the (removable) caddy. Connecting the SATA hard drive to the computer is as easy as inserting the caddy into the drive bay, which can be locked to prevent unauthorized removal of the installed SATA drive.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
A practical, time-saving hot swap solution, the drive drawer includes Swap Manager utility software that lets users swap drives in and out of the host computer without powering down the computer.
Ease of Use
A suitable solution for large volume drives, allowing you to swap in large amounts of data in a matter of seconds. With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
The drive caddy features two front panel ball bearing fans that help keep the enclosed drive cool, in turn helping to optimize operation while preserving drive lifespan. To prevent damage to the hard drive(s) while being transferred in and out of the computer, the drive caddy features shock absorbers and rubber cushioning that help limit vibration/shock to the drive.
A dependable, long-lasting storage solution, the drive drawer/mobile rack features highly durable aluminum construction, with a 7K insertion rating and is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
- OS independent; No software or drivers required
- PC or Mac with a 5.25" Drive Bay
|Product||Professional SATA Hard Drive Mobile Rack Drawer|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Connectors||1 x SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle
1 x SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle
|Host Connectors||1 x LP4 (4 pin, Molex Large Drive Power) Male
1 x SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug
1 x SATA Power (15 pin) Plug
|Fan Bearing Type||Ball Bearing|
|Fans||2 x 40 mm|
|LED Indicators||1 x Power / Activity (green)
1 x Fan Failure (red)
|Front Door Key Lock||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Temperature||Operating: -5°C to 50°C (23°F to 122°F)
Storage: -20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)
|Humidity||10% to 80% RH|
|Certifications||CE, RoHS compliant|
|Dimensions (WxHxL)||5.8" x 1.6" x 8.7" (148 x 41 x 220 mm)|
- StarTech 5.25" Mobile Rack Bay
- Mobile Rack Caddy
- 2 x Keys
- Screw Kit
- Software CD
- Instruction Manual