The ICUSBANDR232 Micro USB to Serial Adapter Cable for Android™ converts the micro USB port on your Android mobile device into an RS232 DB9 connection, letting you control a serial device from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet.
Plus, you can keep your Android mobile device charged even when using the adapter to control or configure a serial device. The adapter cable features an integrated USB power cable that connects to a computer USB port, USB wall charger or portable USB battery pack to power the adapter.
Designed for mobility and integration into mixed environments, this portable and lightweight single cable solution is compatible with nearly all Android OS version 3.2 Honeycomb or later devices including the Samsung Galaxy Note®, Galaxy® S5, S4, S3, or S2, Google Nexus 7™, 5, or 4, and Motorola or HTC mobile devices. The versatile adapter will even work with devices that don’t support USB On-The-Go (OTG)!
This Micro USB to serial adapter features an integrated FTDI USB UART Chip supporting baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps, provides serial configuration via a downloadable FTDI AOA (Android Open Accessory) HyperTerm Application, and offers standard CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR, XOFF/XON flow control.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Control an RS-232 device through the convenience of an Android-based smartphone or tablet with no OTG function required
- Simultaneously charge and power your Android device via USB-Power
- Deploy in a variety of environments, with a portable and lightweight single cable solution designed for mobile users
- Powers and charges the connected Android device, USB-powered via PC USB port, USB wall charger, or USB mobile battery pack
- OTG (On-The-Go) support not required by the connected mobile device
- Single cable, small footprint design for portability
- Mobile hobbyists and enthusiasts configuring serial-based projects and applications
- Administrators or mobile repair technicians controlling or configuring serial devices in a server room or office
- Remote locations where a laptop/desktop serial controller is unavailable
- Hospital and medical environments with monitoring equipment, nurses' stations
- POS devices such as credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, or cash registers
- Control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment from an Android mobile device
|Connectors|| 1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male
1 - USB A (4 pin) Male
1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Male
|OS Compatibility||Android OS Version 3.2 Honeycomb or later|
|Cable Length||3.3 ft [1 m]|
|Dimensions||1.4 x 0.6 inches
35 x 15 mm
|Weight||2.4 oz [69 g]|