Reliable, Speedy & Quiet Ultra Wide Angle Performance Zoom Lens
The EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM lens combines optical excellence with cutting-edge performance, providing an ultra-wide angle of view in a compact, portable package which is ideal for EOS cameras with an APS-C sensor.
It has a 4 group optical zoom system and includes a large-diameter element, an aspherical lens element, a UD lens element and enhanced lens coatings for high-contrast, high-resolution images with minimal glare and aberration. A circular, 7-blade aperture helps ensure fine background blur and the Canon Optical Image Stabilizer system provides up to four equivalent stops of shake correction.
The lens has a stepping motor (STM) and a refined focus mechanism for smooth and continuous AF during video recording. It also has a rear focusing system, plus a high speed CPU and improved AF algorithm for high-speed AF; and offers full-time manual focus for quick adjustments.
- EF-S ultra wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence)
- Compact design made possible by a new 4 group zoom optical system
- A stepping motor (STM) and newly-designed focus mechanism support the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- A large diameter element and an aspherical lens element help correct aberration to achieve higher image quality One UD lens element helps reduce chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast
- Optical Image Stabilizer for up to four stops of correction1
- Enhanced lens coatings help ensure outstanding color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare
- Circular aperture (7 blades) creates beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Rear focusing system, high-speed CPU and improved AF algorithm allow high speed autofocus
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
Four Group Element Optical Zoom System includes:
- Large Diameter element
- Aspherical Lens element
- UD Lens element
- Enhanced Lens Coatings
|Focal Length & Maximum Aperture||10 - 18mm
1:4.5 - 5.6
|Lens Construction||14 elements in 11 groups|
|Diagonal Angle Of View||107°30' to 74°20'|
|Number Of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.22m (8.6")|
|Filter Size||67mm diameter|
|Maximum Diameter & Length||74.6 x 72.0mm (2.9 x 2.8") w/o Dust & Lens Caps installed|
|Weight||240g (8.44oz) lens only|
- Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS 7D Digital SLR camera at a focal length of 18mm (29mm in 35mm equivalence).
- Canon EF-S 10~18mm f/4.5 - 5.6 IS STM Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Dust Cap