Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Works for Me.
HDL from Edmonton writes:
- I've had this card reader for a couple of years and it's never let me down. No issues with either SD or MicroSD. It's quick and compact. I even use this out in the woods with a MacBook Pro when transferring files from my trail cam.
- Nothing as far as I'm concerned; though I agree it would be nice if it came with a pouch. An old zippered Sandisk CF card soft pouch does the trick for me.
Good for a short while
Bruce from Empress, AB writes:
- Easy to use and fast.
- Stops working on a USB port after awhile. It doesn't seem to kill the port, but Kingston told me that it draws more power than the motherboard can supply, damaging the port. Also overheats.
- This device damages USB ports. Don't buy it.
Multi SD-Card Reader
Ike from Sherwood Park writes:
- Does seem to be pretty quick. VERY compact/portable Even let me boot from a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS installation on a 32GB uSD on my MacMini 2012 so I'd call it a "best-buy" of the month!
- does seem to get a little warm, but then, winter's coming! A carrying "pouch" of some sort would be nice - time will tell how well it stands up to the environment - hopefully if any of the connections get contaminated or corroded from pocket-transport it won't result in any lost data or corruption.
- Met all expectations -- tho' some may be "disappointed" if they don't read what "multi-" means in this instance -- would be more straight-forward if it were classified as a multi-SD reader!