Average Rating: With 8 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Decent for the price
Ed from Calgary writes:
- Plug and play. Speed is acceptable.
- Reasonable price, goes together quickly and easily. Had no issues at all.
K Rakos from Calgary writes:
- Looks okay
- Poor USB cable, barely stays plugged into host computer. Really really slow, bought this to replace a FireWire 800 enclosure but almost no improvement. If you have a hard drive that you want to punish, the this is the case for you.
- Save your money and buy something else, somewhere else because this is all they carry. Try OWC out of the US.
Guy Delongchamp from Edmonton writes:
- nice looking aluminum
- First one broke, brought it back got another one. Plugged it in and it didn't work either. STAY AWAY from this product.
- Piece of junk
piece of junk
WordsWork! Communications, Inc. from Calgary writes:
- I don't have a good thing to say about this product, particularly in comparison to the Velocity cases which - in my opinion - were terrific.
- Screws don't fit properly. Instructions are sub-standard, too. Virutally impossible to remove drive and I won't be able to re-use the case when the drive fails.
- As a rule, I have been nothing but happy with the products I purchase from Memory Express. This one, however, leaves me questioning the judgement of your buyers.
Looks Nice & Works As Intended
Justin from Winnipeg writes:
- Not much bigger than the hard drive inside, so minimal desktop space is lost. Made of brushed aluminium, looks good and feels reasonably solid. Definitely better design and build quality than the old design than the older NexStar units. Open front allows for some passive airflow to aid HDD cooling. USB 3.0 provides some future proofing, mechanical hard drives are presently not nearly fast enough to actually use the available bandwidth. Better plug design than the NexStar units.
- Blue LED, I don't like LED's in general but blue ones tend to be exceptionally bright and distracting. Though it can be changed or unplugged easily enough. Brushed aluminium loves to hold on to fingerprints.
- Works well, looks nice. Only complaints I have with the device are easily fixable by me. Now if only MemoryExpress sent both of the enclosures I ordered and paid for and not just the one I received everything would be great... (I've contacted them about that)
RH from Edmonton writes:
- Looks good and easy to assemble. Looks like decent construction.
- No Driver Access not working. Drive not detected when I plugged in to Mac or PC. I tried a couple different drives in it and none worked. I will be returning today.
- Stay away from this one even though it looks nice.
Not so fast..
Fred from Edmonton writes:
- Same speed as my ancient usb2 enclosure.
Great HDD enclosure
Matt from Edmonton writes:
- Awesome aluminum case looks great in my front room. Easy to install the HDD in and no drivers needed! good cooling
- Great HDD enclosure, looks great and keeps my drive cool.