Average Rating: With 1 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Better Than Expected
Brian Lauzon from Winnipeg writes:
- Excellent quality of videos. Connects to an external hard drive easily Remote is very handy, may seem a tiny advantage but in use it is priceless. Has component connections which bypasses HD copyright restrictions. Connects hard drives by cable or USB or both and allows using either one.
- HD cable when connected won't allow recording TV shows or clips but is fixable by using component cables. Software is clunky and restrictive taking a lot of time to figure out. By using an external hard drive I can connect to my computer for editing with better software. For each restriction or roadblock I was able to find a way to work around it without being a tech so overall the weakness can be fixed.
- If I were to rate this item on the first week of use I would have given it a 1 because I wasn't able to make any recordings with the HD cable attached due to copyright. That seemed a deal breaker and I did consider returning it. BUT I did have some component cables and this unit has connectors for it. That simple switch allowed me to record anything without a hitch. Once I figured that out I spent a few weeks trying different options and the results are excellent.