Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Depends what you need it for
Chad from Calgary writes:
- PC-free capture Portable, light-weight
- Older drivers Not very intuitive software
- I purchased this for capture via HDMI from my miniDV camcorders (flaky Firewire ports), and live capture while recording. It can work independently of a PC, capturing to SD card, and has worked great for me. Power can be from a powerbank, so I can capture off HDMI while also recording onto tape. Capture on my PC seemed to work just fine, with no dropped frame, decent framerate. I'm running i7 4790, Windows 10 64bit and drivers and performance seemed fine
LGP has major issues, buy an Elgato or Hauppauge
Kevin from Richmond writes:
- -Portable; Small, lightweight -Aesthetically-pleasing design
- -Software packaged doesn't work, functions slowly -Does not work with older consoles -Does not work with capture software -Does not capture unless HDMI out is unplugged -Unintuitive software -Poorly represented product by Avermedia
- I bought this about a month ago and right off the bat I had problems. The first video I recorded off my Wii U was completely corrupted, garbled, and irreparable. I tried hooking up my N64 through an HDMI converter and that didn't work, as it recognizes the signal from an HDMI converter as HDCP and refuses to show/capture in the capture software, displayed on TV. Zero customer service from Avermedia, less than useless. Poor framerate and quality in recordings, sound quality had buzzing.
LGP is crap for OBS
Keith.L from Crossfield Alberta writes:
- -It's portable lol - video quality is decent when it works. - easy connect devices too.
- - does not work well with OBS - requires you boot your PC several times for LGP driver to work in OBS 32 bit only - does not work OBS 64 bit - LGP driver is buggy for OBS 32bit only - USB 2.0 only, to limited for HD video and audio. - very buggy and outdated drivers that Avermedia has not updated since 2013. - only 1080p/ 30 fps for streaming - use a lot cpu at 60 fps streaming at 720p
- Use this with twitch to stream with. Built a 2nd PC so it could stream both PC games/consoles. The LGP driver for OBS is very buggy and glitchy. I've had many sound issues now. Bought this in March 2015, now the card is freezes on me. sound volume no longer works for HDMI or input for LGP. Stay away from this product. Avermedia gave me no support and told me go buy there newer product. I'm retuning this LGP as soon as I can. Never again will buy anything from Avermedia, don't waste your money