SilverStone created an excellent extension card product, the EC04-E, which connects to the motherboard via single lane PCI Express 2.0 to support two external and a dual port USB 3.0 connector for maximum compatibility and flexibility.
This card is a great add-on for systems that require connections to multiple USB 3.0 devices such as SilverStone’s own USB 3.0 enclosures RVS02 and TS07.
- USB 3.0 with two external standard Type-A ports and one dual port internal connector
- PCI Express 2.0 with single lane (x1) throughput 5Gbit/s
- Supports simultaneous operation of multiple USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 devices
- Adds four total USB 3.0 ports to your system
- Built-in power connector to receive extra power from system power supply
|Power requirement||5Vdc via peripheral 15pin SATA power connector|
|Form factor||Low profile single lane (X1) PCI Express 2.0|
|USB 3.0 controller||NEC uPD720201|
|USB Ports||Two external ports and one internal dual port|
|USB bus power output||5Vdc|
|Signal Reception Angle||USB 3.0 (5Gbit/s), USB 2.0 (480Mbit/s), USB 1.1 (12Mbit/s)|