Average Rating: With 6 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Pete from Calgary writes:
- HDMI - easy to adapt to DVI or display port. Good value for a 4 port switch with all the cables Cables easy to extend
- Slow switching Switched analog audio output poor
- I have one at home an 1 at work. Both work well. Great value for a 4 port KVM. HDMI cables easy to use with almost any video signal (VGA requires extra adapter but can be done). Analog switched audio quality is poor (distorted) but I have not connected to a monitor with built in audio to see it the switch hdmi audio is better. Overall I am pleased with the functionality and value of these KVMs.
JC from NW writes:
- When it worked it was fine.
- Port 4 died in less than 30 days. Company offered a replacement. Very fair treatment.
- I need this type of product to control multiple Linux systems. Would love to have a cheap 8 port system but this is what we have. Might buy extra as I do real things and a failure is not an option. I own more than one unit.
Bytecc kvm switch
Dave T from Calgary writes:
- Hooked it up as per the instructions, booted the #1 system, no problem. Windows 7 went through it's re-configuring the usb ports etc. went to restart, computer booted but no video. Unplugged the hdmi and reconnected, video returned, but on every subsequent reboot, no video until I repeated those steps. I'd rather use the two keyboards and mice. Waste of a hundred dollars. Will return it.
Read the Instructions and use common sense
Harvest Lee from Calgary writes:
- Does what its says it does
- you need to wait 2 seconds after a switch. See the summery on how to avoid getting your signals messed up.
- Lots of people don't know how to uses switched, the instructions state you have to have the host computer on first, and last to turn off. otherwise of course the signals will be messed up. Also on that not when you have it set to a computer you are going to turn off, you have to quickly switch back to PC1 or whatever your main computer is before you guest computer completely powers off. I am using this KVM switch with a triple monitor Nividia surround set up to swtich out one of my monitors
KVM-4UHM 4x1 USB HDMI KVM Switch
Jeff from Winnipeg writes:
- Easy setup Remote is handy Nice price
- No hot key function. Must use remote or switch button on front.
Bytecc 4 port hdmi KVM
Larry from Calgary writes:
- Comes with everything you need to get it up and running.
- This switch worked fine for a couple months and then suddenly would not switch between machines. The keyboard and mouse (USB) switch fine but the switch loses the video signal. I found out later that others have experienced this problem!
- If it worked as it should it would be a great switch....but unfortunately it doesn't....and so Isn't.