Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Ryan from Edmonton writes:
- Has headphone jack and microphone jack (2 separate jacks) - easy to plug a headset into. Little bit of cord between the unit and the USB plug, so if you need it placed a bit farther away from the computer, you have the room for that. Volume up/down, mute, and microphone mute buttons on the unit are easy to press. Red light when the mic is muted (though it is a bit small) Built-in mic that is only used if an external mic is not plugged in. Small pretty flashing light when audio is being outputted
- Main issue: There is a funny issue where when the computer awakes from sleep, the microphone echoes itself to the output. Very strange. Unplugging and replugging the unit after awaking stops the echo. Nitpicky things: The microphone mute light is a little bit small, so it might not catch your attention. The headphone and microphone jacks are on opposite sides of the unit. Requires a bit of slack between the 2 plugs to reach both jacks.
- Overall, if you're looking for a USB sound card to be positioned not directly against the computer, then I'd say this is a fair unit - if you keep in mind that you might get echo and feedback if it's plugged in when you wake the computer up. I actually had the unit so far away from my computer that I needed a USB extension cable, so the buttons on the unit were very nice.
I'll be returning this product
Brent from Edmonton writes:
- Sounds good, microphone works well, easy to control volume
- When I wake my computer from being suspended the microphone can't be turned off.
- It works great, sound is crisp, the volume controls work, the microphone is sensitive.......... until you wake your computer from being suspended. The microphone cannot be turned off, the light showing if its off or on will turn off and on when you press the button but the mic stays on. I've found that if you unplug the usb connection and plug it back in it works again but I shouldn't have to do that every time I open my laptop. I'll be returning it to try another one.