Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
An Audiophile's Dream
Todd from Calgary writes:
- The SBX Cintrol Panel is very similar to the SB1350 THX or SB1350 SBX. I run the sound to an Onkyo 7.1 Theatre system using a Digital Audio Cable when gaming or watching movies. To listen to music it's a few simple change in the control panel and my audio is then running from the Left & Right RCA outputs to a 2 Channel Onkyo stereo with a couple of Polk speakers. Both my movies and music sound incredible.
- Creative cards used to be THX certified but to me it was just a gimick. I do miss the THX sound demo found in the control panel of the SB1350 THX. It was replaced in newer SB1350 SBX models with a SBX sound demo. All specs are the same as when these where THX certified. I had heard that Creative just didn't see the need to pay for THX certifcation. It makes for no difference in sound quality.
- I have bought this model as an upgrade from a Creative SB1095 THX USB sound card for a laptop and for an older desktop with limited PCIe slots. This Sound Blaster Omni has an improved 600-ohm headphone amplifier as well as an improved Control Panel. I am also running a SB1350 THX in a desktop. I started with a Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI 7.1 in an XP computer and have bought many models since for myself and family. Creative has always been Awesome!
Ethan from Calgary writes:
- Nice sleek look. Extremely easy setup. Easy to use software. Scout Mode works great in game! Headphone amp works perfectly. Audio is amazing coming from onboard audio. Works great with headset and mic.
- Can't think of any major drawbacks except, it doesn't match my rig!
- Overall great product from the sound geniuses at Sound Blaster, with the easiest install I have ever made and the audio of a god!