Average Rating: With 7 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Vince from Calgary writes:
- Price, looks nice
- Does not work as you might expect. The worst part is WD put a USB 3 on the back so you can connect a portable HD if you want. Well, I did that yesterday, and it is slow as molasses in winter. After 12 hours it has only transferred 400GB. The WD forum is full of complaints on this issue. To me this is just dishonest on the part of WD. I found the software confusing as hell. Still can't be bothered to figure it all out.
- Spend a bit extra. Try out the USB 3 connector inside your 1 week return window!!!
If only there was a 0 star option
Joe from Calgary writes:
- It looks cool I guess.
- Does not function reliably as external storage, Nas, or a media streamer. So very slow, unacceptable with today's technology. Seems to disconnect itself at whim. Software is a joke.
- Avoid. At. All. Costs.
Work as I expected and need
Bob Dugg from Edmonton writes:
- Easy set up, web interface easy to use. Works well with my PC, MAC and Android devices. I don't have to think about it, its just there and works
- Transfer rate sometimes seems slow. But I use it for video and audio playback with no noticed lag.
- Have had this unit for over a year, never has crashed. I just recently started to use it for my ITunes storage. It was easy to do and works seamlessly for this application. I set it up as DMZ on the network and am able to access it anywhere. This is a little slow as my internet upload is only 10mbps.
This cloud will rain on your parade
Jeff Anderson from Calgary writes:
- Looks cool and its cheap
- Can't transfer large number files without loosing connection. Have to reboot the unit every time you want to use it in order to reestablish connection. Slow file transfer. Cheesy software doesn't convey critical information like how many files reached their destination or any kind of file organization. Your better off to access it from windows explorer but that only works about 20% of the time.
- Cool idea, poor execution. If you just need extra space an external drive is a much simpler and cost effective solution. If you need for professional use you're better off to spend the extra cash on a functioning solution.
Not bad. not great either.
Lucas from Winnipeg writes:
- Wireless streaming capabilities. Easy to use Software interface. Expandable storage.
- Transfer rates are painfully slow, like 2-4 Megabytes per second. Copying files from a device attached to this NAS is even slower since the files are uploaded to your PC then sent back to the NAS.
- It's good since it's an affordable system, but it's cheaply built and lacks the speed i expected. If you buy this, prepare to reboot it often since that's the only way i get the transfer rates to increase as the system gradually slows down over the course of 3 days.
Would wait until the technology matures
O from Taylor writes:
- Nice price for NAS sotrage
- Unreliable, and unstable. Could not transfer files without losing the connection to the device. Impossible to transfer large directories for back up.
- I would stay away from this at all costs.
Don't waste your money!
Steve from Calgary writes:
- Looks nice.
- The software sucks! I can't get this to connect wirelessly with any of my computers unless I re-boot. I've spoken to customer support who fobbed me off syaing it was my computer - I even reset to factory conditions, it worked for a while & now doesn't.It's supposed to be on the wireless network but is so intermittant.
- Until they sort out the software issues, don't waste your money. I really regret buying this. I would have expected better technical support from WD, but they couldn't sort the problem & blamed it on my computer. I have a tower, 2 laptops & can't get the drive tom be seen on any of them. NOT recommended.