Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Not The Greatest
Jim from Winnipeg writes:
- The wireless setup is a breeze, and the toner isn't as expensive as some of the other brands (ie. HP).
- Bought this printer twice! The first time, after over 2 years one of the rollers gave out and it was just causing quite a lot of grief, after costing things out we found out that this same printer was on sale so we bought it again. This time just about a year and a half, the roller on one side gave out. I'm not sure if are not lucky or what it is but it seems that they are duds. Their printing quality even with OEM toner, isn't bad... but it's not great.
- The unit itself feels flimsy, opening the doors feels as if you can rip it out without trying. The software for the printer is very user friendly, but it does not offset the half decent printing quality and the rollers which are bound to fail.
Good colour laser printer
Kris from Winnipeg writes:
- - Accurate colour reproduction (Proofing). - Paper tray fits a variety of paper sizes and envelopes. - Has a manual, straight feed through printing option (Flatbed print). - Uses postscript 3, has Secure Print over the network. - Connects to Apple & Windows PC on the network. - Toner cartridges last, comes with enough to keep you going for a while. - Good scan resolution, fax works as expected. - Turns off into sleep mode fast (to save power), has a deep sleep mode. - LED Digital (no laser).
- - Sort of loud when running, but that's expected. - Only prints a document up to 14" in length (personal opinion) - Average replacement toner is 100$ + each (OEM) on sale. - Software is limited for printing options.
- I use this in a small print shop for proofing client images and artworks. The colour reproduction is accurate, and produces sharp text and images. The CMY toner lasted about two weeks, printing around 90-110 full colour proofs daily (12 days total printing). The Black about a week due to printing many more B/W documents and proofs. Total toner replacement price was more than the machine itself (when buying the 2700 page cartridges, but still cheaper than inkjet. 4/5 - would buy again
AWESOME Printer. Super easy to setup using wireless on PC and Apple
Tom from Calgary writes:
- It works as expected. Fast and excellent print quality.
- None yet. You do have to download the lastest driver from Brother website for the latest Apple OS. No big deal. It installed fast and easily on the wireless network.