Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Fast 1.3 Gbps from a different floor where router is.
Chris from Edmonton writes:
- -Easy Install. -Magnetic antena. -Fast speeds (I'm getting 1.3 Gbps) from a different floor of where my router is.
- -Price -Does make a weird sound, when with heavy use but it doesnt bother me.
- Overall very happy with this, amazing speed, stable. I've paired it with an ASUS AC68u Router and it works very well.
Chris from Calgary writes:
- I get 350Mbps over 50m traveling through ductwork, walls, pipes, and cabinetry to an Apple Time Capsule.
- Antenna positioning matters and considering the cable length, the antenna base always seems to get bumped. They probably should have put some two-sided tape into the box to help people with installation.
- This card easily tripled the speed of the Dlink DAP-1650 I was trying to use for the job. I can recommend it.
Great if you don't mind ticking sounds
Richard from ME North writes:
- The card gave me a huge boost over my last WiFi card. Improved my LAN speeds a lot.
- Every time I click a link, stream a video, play a game, ANYTHING that involved the internet, a ticking sound can be heard. It sounds like an old harddrive that's dying. My desktop runs pretty quite, I have an SSD and 4 fans, so the loudest thing in my set up was this card. I know it was the card since the ticking sounds coincided with the blue flashing activity indicator light at the back of the card. Returned it after one day.
- Great performance, too bad for the annoying sound. If your PC is already loud though because of fans, etc, you may not hear the ticking sounds over them. I returned it for the PCE-AC56. This one also does the ticking sound I noticed, but only when it's under very heavy load. It doesn't tick when I'm clicking on links or playing games like the AC68 does.
JD from Edmonton writes:
- WAY outperformed the ASUS USB3 ac Wifi adapter (~3X was expected, but this was ~13X the USB(3) rate @5GHz to an AC66U ac router) Much improved Internet speed stability on 2.4 GHz to the new but "lame" Shaw N modem (@ 100 down/5 up doing about 80 down ...). Worked at consistent high local large-file avg transfer rate of 300MB/s to an ASUS 66U configured as an access point
- Cable(s) to external antenna stand are just barely adequate -- realize if they were longer there would be some signal attenuation, but supplied length is really only adequate to get the antenna on top of the tower -- had to move the tower location to eliminate a few closet studs!
- Plan on buying another ASUS 68U / AC68 pair for media streaming