Industry-standard SFP Transceiver Module
Cisco's industry-standard SFP is a hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a Gigabit Ethernet port/slot, linking the port with the fiber-optic network. SFPs can be used and interchanged on a wide variety of Cisco products and can be intermixed in combinations of IEEE 802.3z- compliant 1000BaseSX, 1000BaseLX/LH, or 1000BaseZX interfaces on a port-by-port basis.
The Cisco GLC-SX-MM operates on ordinary multi-mode fiber optic link spans of up to 550 m in length.
- Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to reboot
- Supports the “pay-as-you-populate” model
- Interchangeable with other 1000BASE-X SFPs on the same line card
- Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to identify whether or not the SFP is a Cisco qualified SFP
- Optically interoperable with respective 1000BASE-X Ethernet interfaces on the same link
|Device Type||SFP (mini-GBIC) transceiver module|
|Data Transfer Rate||1 GBps|
|Optical Wave Length||850 nm|
|Max Transfer Distance||1 km|
|Dimensions||5.65 x 1.34 x 0.85 cm|