Math. Science. All on one handheld
The TI-Nspire™ CX handheld is a robust, hands-on learning tool that satisfies math and science curriculum needs from middle school through college.
Perform computations and enter expressions, equations and formulas in proper math notation.
Lists & Spreadsheet
Perform mathematical operations on data and visualize the connections between the data and their plots.
Plot and explore functions, equations and inequalities, animate points on objects and graphs, use sliders to explain their behavior and more.
Enter notes, steps, instructions and other comments on the screen alongside the math.
Construct and explore geometric figures and create animations.
Data & Statistics
Summarize and analyze data using different graphical methods such as histograms, box plots, bar and pie charts and more.
Application Create a hypothesis graphically and replay data collection experiments all in a single application.
Accelerate the Understanding Process
The TI-Nspire™ CX handheld’s innovative capabilities support teaching strategies that research has found accelerate understanding of complex mathematic and scientific concepts.
Multiple Representations of expressions in problems are presented simultaneously, enabling students to visualize how algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written forms of those expressions relate to one another.
Dynamic Linking across documents and multiple representations allows students to interact directly with the math by seeing how manipulating one form simultaneously changes all the others.
Take It to the Test
Standardized testing organizations have approved the TI-Nspire™ CX handheld for SAT*, PSAT/NMSQT*, ACT*, AP*, IB* and Praxis high-stakes exams. It also is approved for some state exams.
*SAT & AP and PSAT/NMSQT are registered trademarks of the College Board, ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. IB is a registered trademark of the International Baccalaureate Organization. Praxis is a trademark of Education Testing Service. None were involved in the production of nor endorse this product. Policies subject to change.
Recharge, Don’t Replace For Years
The TI Rechargeable Battery conveniently recharges using a USB cable, wall charger or TI-Nspire Docking Station. The TI Rechargeable Battery reduces the risk of running out of power unexpectedly and eliminates the need for routine battery replacement. Under normal usage, the rechargeable lithium-ion battery should last for up to three years.
- Function, parametric, polar, sequence, and 3D graphing
- Multiple graphing functions can be defined, saved, graphed and analyzed at one time
- User-defined list names in Lists & Spreadsheet
- Eleven interactive zoom features
- Numeric evaluations in table format for all graphing modes
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals and derivatives
- Six different graph styles and 15 colors to select from for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Matrix operations: transpose and augment matrices; use elementary row operations; find inverse, determinant and reduced row echelon forms; convert matrices to lists and vice versa; calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quartic polynomial regression models
- Three statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots
- Advanced statistics analysis, including 10 hypothesis testing functions, seven confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance
- Eighteen probability distribution functions, including the CDF and PDF for Normal, Binomial, Chi-squared, Geometric, t-, F- and Poisson distributions; Inverse Normal and Chi-squared distributions
- Built-in interactive geometry capabilities
- Quick alpha keys
- Simple drop-down menus – emulate the intuitive operation of familiar computer features
- TI-Nspire™ Documents (.tns files) — compatible with TI-Nspire™ Software, TI-Nspire™ handhelds and TI-Nspire™ Apps for iPad® — can be created, edited, saved and reviewed
- Use images (.jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, .png formats) that can be overlaid with graphical elements
- Explore mathematical expressions in symbolic form, see patterns and understand the math behind the formulas
- Visualize of multiple representations of a single problem algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written
- Chem Box feature allows easy input chemical formulas and equations
- Manipulate linked representations of properties to instantly update the others and show meaningful connections without switching screens (e.g.. grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists)
|Hardware||Color, backlit display
Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.5" diagonal)
Screen resolution: 125 DPI; 16-bit color
Powered by the TI-Rechargeable Battery (included)
USB port for computer connectivity, unit-to-unit communication with other TI-Nspire family handhelds.
100 MB storage memory / 64MB operating memory
|Programming||Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs|
|Connectivity||Electronically upgradeable graphing handheld allows you to have the most up-to-date functionality
USB Cable included
TI-ComputerLink Software allow information to be transferred to and from a computer
|Power||Rechargeable Battery conveniently recharges using a USB cable|