The TI-83 Plus is an easy-to-use graphing calculator for math and science that lets students graph and compare functions, as well as perform data plotting and analysis. Its FLASH™ ROM memory allows students to update and add software applications (Apps).
Count on TI calculators at exam time. You can use this TI graphing calculator on the PSAT, SAT, and ACT college entrance exams, IB, and AP tests.*
*SAT & AP are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc., which does not endorse this product. IB is a registered trademark of the International Baccalaureate Organization
Find What You Need
TI graphing calculators are learning tools designed to help students visualize concepts and make connections in math and science.
- Upgradable operating system and software
- Preloaded Apps: StudyCards™, Vernier EasyData™ and more
- Compatible with TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition models
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
New App Makes Entering Easier
You can now see and enter math problems in your TI graphing calculator just like they appear in your textbooks. Download the free Zoom Math Starter Edition™ - App4Math™ App by I.Q. Joe to your TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus family calculator.
- Electronically upgradeable.
- 160 KB FLASH ROM memory for data archive and storage of Apps
- 24KB of available RAM memory
- Included Apps - Science Tools, StudyCards™, Probability Simulation, Vernier EasyData®
- TI-GRAPH LINK™ cable available
- TI-GRAPH LINK cables and TI Connect software allow information to be transferred to a computer and printed or stored on disk.
- Apps are available from TI and other leading developers.
- 8-line by 16-character display.
- Advanced functions accessed through pull-down display menus.
- Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent.
- Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions and 3 recursively-defined sequences.
- Up to 10 graphing functions defined, saved, graphed and analyzed at one time.
- Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/ stair-step plot and phase plots.
- User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements.
- 14 interactive zoom features.
- Function evaluation table shows numeric evaluation of functions in table format.
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals and derivatives.
- 7 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn.
- Horizontal and vertical split- screen options.
- Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form and elementary row operations. Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa.
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quadratic polynomial regression models.
- 3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots.
- Advanced statistics features including 9 hypothesis testing functions, 6 confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance.
- 15 probability distribution functions including Normal, Student-t, Chi-square, Binomial and Poisson.
- Business functions including Time-Value-of-Money (TVM), cash flows, and amortization. Full screen interactive editor for solving TVM problems.
- Interactive equation solver editor for solving for different variables in an equation.
- Alphabetical CATALOG of all TI calculator operations in one menu.
- Programming capability with the number of programs limited only by available memory.
- Link with another TI-83, TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus. Receive lists L1-L6 from TI-82.
- Unit-to-unit link cable included.
- Overhead projectable unit available (same LCD as the TI-82/TI-83).
- Compatible with Calculator-Based Laboratory™ (CBL 2™) and Calculator-Based Ranger™ (CBR™) systems to allow analysis of real-world data.
- Powered by 4 AAA batteries with a lithium battery backup to protect RAM memory during main battery change.
- Impact-resistant slide case.
- One-year limited warranty.
- Toll-free help hotline.
- Teacher Pack available (includes 10 TI calculators and 1 guidebook with a classroom poster).
- Supplemental activity books available.
- e-mail help line: [email protected]
- Workshop Loan Program – borrow TI calculators for evaluation of workshops.
- TI Technology Rewards program - point values redeemable for additional TI products and services
- TI calculator poster and keyboard transparency available.
- All TI-83 Plus graphing calculators are fully compatible with TI-84 Plus family calculators
|Display||8-line by 16-character display|
|Accuracy|| 14-digit accuracy
Displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent.
|Graphs||10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions and 3 recursively-defined sequences|
|Power||4 AAA batteries with a lithium battery backup to protect RAM memory during main battery change|