Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Tight fit in some expansion slots
Russell from Edmonton writes:
- Good price and more ports
- Some cases the expansion slot is too tight
- I bought this for my parents, tested it in my own case (older Cooler Master CM690) and was very happy with it, their case however (Asus Tower) required some filing of the slot for it to plug in.
4 port usb startech pci express
Frank from Calgary writes:
- Was pretty easy to install on my windows 10 computer thanks to geeks on the way. I got a usb3 samsung 500 GB SSD external drive to go with it. Together with acronis true image home 2010 I got 1 hour and 40 minutes for a disk back up using usb 2.0, for the same job it took 29 minutes for the usb 3 backup (138GB). not exactly the 10times hype you read about. Overall I will still use it.
- Forget the hype, the proof is in the eating
- Still cheaper than upgrading to a new computer.
Gary from Calgary writes:
- Good customer support line.
- I had trouble with the driver install due to a problem with my computer and not their drivers. I called Star Tech Customer support and they spent over 2 hours on the phone with me trying everything to get this to install. In the end it was obvious that the problem was with the Install Shield on my machine and not their software or hardware. I had to call Microsoft and they cleaned my computer out of malware which was interfering with the Install Shield processes. After install was a breeze!