Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Michael from Winnipeg writes:
- Can be used with a boot drive and it is a true 6GBps SATAIII controller. One port for Boot Win 8.1 SSD. 2nd port for SSHD hybrid drive as a scratch disk and leaves all 8 motherboard ports for a RAID5 array. Hooray! For this price: amazing.
- I was apprehensive about using it on a Boot drive at first. That was more than a year and a half ago and it has been great. Since it allows me to use all 8 ports on the motherboard for RAID5 now, maybe I will rue the day I bought it, if I get a drive failure and then a URE during the rebuild. But that hasn't happened... yet.
- Startech has exceeded my expectations. Top notch product from them yet again. They truly do make the 'hard to find' easy. I have not used the external esata connector ports, but, I have every reason to believe they would work as advertised... Even though I chose this one over the StarTech 2 Port PEXSAT32 (with RAID) because of the option of having esata and I am glad I did!
Trent from Canmore, AB writes:
- All of my SATA ports were used up and I wanted some more drives. This thing saved the day even though I have an 8 year old PC. It allows me to use and even boot from drives on the card. I read it can add delays to boot but for me it's about 3 seconds... nothing.
- At first I thought this was causing problems (3 minute pauses when installing Windows) but it was something else (not sure what) and it went away. Now it works great.
- Life saver.