Average Rating: With 1 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Caused my Windows 8.1 Desktop PC to Bluescreen.
Jeebs Nabil from Calgary writes:
- None found personally. I've usually had great experiences with DLINK products. However, either my product was defective, or the included drivers on the DVD do not work.
- Tried installing drivers both by using the Autorun Program on the DVD, and also by trying to manually update the drivers through device management in Windows (Searching the DVD for the relevant .inf files) - both attempts caused my Windows 8.1 desktop to Bluescreen.
- I've installed quite a few of these types of products in various machines. In my personal experience, this is typically an extremely easy process: 1. Plug it in to a compatible PCI-E slot. 2. Turn on PC and install the Drivers. 3. Connect to Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, this particular product failed horribly for me. I will be returning it to buy a different product.