Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Peter McLaughlin from NE Calgary writes:
- 5.1 Analog to Z-5500 Logitech, and headphone's ATH-M50x, sound amazing.
- Optical digital works, then eventually "fails", regardless brand of optical / toslink cables for the digital out. Sound Blaster Pro Studio (cd installer, and downloaded update separately). Both freeze on windows 10 pro boot up. However after killing it via task manager, and manually reloading. It works fine after that... Minor hassle, but works perfectly afterwards.
- Would have liked to see a slight power in, even the floppy connector, just to balance out the power requirements of this card. Quality wise, it's amazing. For those trying to get optical to work....... Under CINEMATIC, select Dolby or DTS. 5.1 will "kick in" when a 5.1 producer app works. (foobar, with 5.1 addon feature). Or 5.1 blu ray, rare 5.1 Youtube, etc. However, you still have to select ANALOG Speakers 5.1... to get the digital optical audio to work. Yes it's strange... It works.ish
Good upgrade for audiophiles
Alex from Calgary writes:
- Easy hardware install Great sound quality Extreme customization in the software
- Software install tricky, need to remove all previous sound software before install or wouldn't give me full customization Red LEDs cannot be turned off, very bright
- Great upgrade from a basic motherboards sound if you're looking to get a better 5.1 audio experience, once the software was installed it gave great customization and a much clearer sound whether using my surround system or headphones.
Great Sound Card
Joe from Edmonton writes:
- Sounds Great easy software install
- Replaced my X-FI Fatality Titanium that died, went back to onboard sound on my Sabertooth 990FX Board, for a few months was wondering if the sound card was really needed. Glad I did, What a difference to onboard. I forgot how much better a sound card is. The highs are crisper, the bass deeper. Glad I bought it. And would recommend...
Does what I need better then I expected.
Richard from Calgary NE writes:
- Optical input and output. easy install (Had no detection issues with windows 7 or 8 or 10 ) Solid software, more then enough features 24-bit / 192kHz audio output! Mic and EMI shield are a great bonus.
- Price Hate the LEDs, there is not way to turn them off in the software. in the end I desoldered them
- Bought this because I needed to have optical input and output for my Xbox One and sound system. This card works perfectly. I have had 0 downtime in the last year and a half, over 3 operating systems. Software was very good, really surprised me how much it offered. I would strongly recommend this card for anyone would needs a PCI-e sound card.