Is Gigabit Ethernet Too Slow? You Might Need More Fiber
Intel® Ethernet X520-SR2: Dual 10 Gigabit LC Fiber NIC w/ SFP+ Support
The Intel® Ethernet Controller X520-SR2 is Intel's latest industry-leading innovation to reduce the cost of 10Gb Ethernet and bring it to the broad server market.
Intel's new family of Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 are the most flexible and scalable Ethernet adapters for today's demanding data center and cloud environments.
The Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 family addresses the demanding needs of the next-generation data center by providing unmatched features for virtualization, flexibility for LAN and storage area network (SAN) networking, and proven, reliable performance.
Best Choice for Virtualization
Intel's X520 Series Ethernet Converged Network Adapters address Network Bottlenecks in Virtualized environments. These Adapters enable network intensive application to achieve the performance expected in a virtualized environment.
Unified Networking and Storage
Intel® Ethernet X520 Adapters lowers your data center TCO (total cost of ownership) by providing the ability tot route LAN and SAN traffic over a single Fiber, even when it has two Fiber Ports.
Native iSCSI Support
Intel® X520 Series Ethernet Converged Network Adapters provide complete support for proven native OS and VMM iSCSI initiators as well as iSCSI boot. Historically, CRC32C Computation has degraded system performance, but now with the CRC instruction srt included in the latest XEON® CPUs, CRC validation is possible with minimal impact to network throughput while delivering superior data integrity.
The Intel Ethernet Family of X520 Adapters do it all, including 10 Gigabit LAN and iSCSI; truly delivering on the promise of unified networking!
- Intel® 82599ES 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Chip offers 100/1000/10000 Mbps
- Dual 10Gb LC Ports increase bandwidth to new heights
- It features a low profile, enabling higher bandwidth and throughput from standard and low-profile PCIe slots and servers.
- It's ability to efficiently balance network loads on multiple CPU cores increases performance on multi-processor systems when used with Receive-Side Scaling from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux
- The adapter supports remote booting to an iSCSI drive
- Unified Networking with LAN and iSCSI
- Intel® PROSet Utility
- I/O Virtualization & Quality of Service Support
- Backwards Compatible with 1000BASE-T
- Reliable LC Fiber Connectivity
The Intel® X520-SR2 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter supports the following operating systems (OS):
- Windows 8, 7, Vista SP2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, R2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2, R2
As well as:
- FreeBSD 9
- Linux Stable Kernel version 3.x, 2.6,x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, 11
- VMware ESX/ESXi
The Intel® X520-SR2 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter supports the following PCIe Bus and Slot Types:
- PCI Express 2.1 (5 GT/s)
- PCIe Lanes/Connector: x8 (Can plug into x4 slots that use the x8 host connector)
- Low Profile Bracket (included)
|External Port(s)||2x 100/1000/10G LC Fiber Ports|
|Interface Type||PCI Express 2.1 (5GT/s)|
|PCI Express Slot||PCI Express x4 / x8
(Can plug into x4 slots that use the x8 host connector)
|Control Processor||Intel® 82599ES|
IEEE 802.3z (1000BASE-X Gbit/s Ethernet)
|Certifications||BSMI, CE, CTICK, FCC A, KCC, RoHS, UL, VCCI|
|Fiber Connector||LC (Lucent) Connector|
|Fiber Cable Standards||62.5/125 µm
|Fiber Length||Up to 300m (1,000 feet) on 62.5 and 50µm Fiber|
|Software||Intel® PROSet Utility
Intel® PRO Intelligent Install
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 55° C (32 ~ 131° F)
Storage: -40 ~ 70° C (-40 ~ 158° F)
Card requires 100 LFM (Linear Feet per Minute) for cooling
|Humidity||Storage: Up to 90% RH @ 35° C (95° F) Non-Condensing|
|Power Consumption||Max TDP: 6.9W|
|Dimensions||145mm (5.7") long|
|Weight||~455g (~1.0 lb)|
- Intel® X520-SR2 Dual 10Gb PCI-E x8 Network Interface Card
- Low Profile Bracket Adapter