Average Rating: With 5 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Is that a jet taking off?
Karen from Calgary, AB writes:
- Hasn't broken
- Used this drive for last 2 years. It's done what it's suppose too. However....and that's a big however....l This drive is noisy. When listening to audio CD's you have to crank the volume or it will be drowned out. I would not recommend this product for any price.
James Parenteau from Edmonton writes:
- Will read newer formats
- Will not read all CD's. I find that the LG works much better reading older burned CD's and DVD's which this model refuses to display contents of.
- Get the LG version if you wish more compatibility, or save the money and get this. I should have known better, as this is my second Asus brand that had these issues, and bought another LG brand.
Solid, fast blu-ray ripper
Rod from Calgary writes:
- Reliable blu-ray ripper
- It's worked reliably with every blu-ray disc I've tried at a fast 7-8x read speed of 33 MB/s. Quiet in operation. Eject/loading tray feels solid too. I'd recommend this drive, and would purchase again.
Tom from YYC writes:
- Quiet enough for HTPC, at full speed it's quieter than a 1g Xbox 360 at idle Shortest drive on the market (good for cramped cases like the Silverstone ML03) No hiccups with drivers, etc
- OEM drives have no software with them and Blu-ray software is still in the $80-100 range. Just know that it's going to cost more if you want to play Blu-ray movies. Indicator light is blue ultrabright
- Faceplate and tray nose are solid and look good. It's the second quietest drive I've owned. My biggest beef with this thing (and a lot of components these days) is the use of a blue ultrabright LED. It has a frosted diffuser but that's not enough to stop it from burning out my retinas. Solved the issue by removing the diffuser and spraying it with taillight tint but if I was an ordinary consumer(and cared about my warranty) it would be completely intolerable and I'd be looking for another drive.
Asus BC-12B1ST 12x Blu-ray Combo Drive
Trevor M from Edmonton writes:
- A good solid blue ray burner/combo drive at a decent price. Has been working well for the last several months. With the Asus brand I don't have any worries when it comes to reliability.
- None that i can see..... I wish it was dual layer
- All Blue-Ray discs I've burnt play flawlessly on my cheap Samsung player. Does what's expected and without hiccups.