Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Don't bother trying to use this with Win2K8 x64
Kriek from Calgary writes:
- Decent throughput; my experiences on that were much better than the prior reviewers.
- Caues Stop 0x124 errors during setup, not firmware updates available or expected from the manufacturer. Board is so physically short that it becomes difficult to get it to firmly insert (and stay mounted) in the bus.
Ivan from Calgary writes:
- Easy to setup. Plop it in, force a driver update from the CD, reboot, and it is ready to go.
- ABSOLUTE maximum read throughput: 1 drive (210 MB per sec write / 334 MB per sec read) 2 drives, simultaneous access (121 MB per sec write per drive / 194 MB per sec read per drive) RAID-0 with 2 drives (219 MB per sec write / 348 MB per sec read) So, as you can see, there is a bottleneck. My motherboards SATA-2 in RAID-0 pushes 400 MB per second write / 443 MB sec read. Back to the motherboards slots.
- Might be good for off loading a DVD drive or a drive to dump stuff too. Or any HDD drive, really. Don't bother hooking up the SSD drives though, it will only slow them down.