The PEXSAT32 2-Port PCI Express SATA 6 Gbps (SATA 3.0) Controller Card offers simple connectivity between a host computer and SATA 3.0 devices - a cost-effective solution for connecting high-speed storage, such as High RPM Hard Drives and Solid State Drives (SSD), which in turn allows for easier data backups and archiving.
With full support for SATA 3.0 hard drives and data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps, the adapter card features a native PCI Express single chipset that provides enhanced compatibility, reliability and performance for external SATA 600 MB/s storage needs.
The controller card is backward compatible with SATA 2.0 devices, providing the versatility to use older storage, and features support for RAID 0 and 1 modes as well as port multiplier capability with command-based and FIS-based switching for connecting multiple external hard drives to a host PC through a single SATA connection.
A dual profile solution, the SATA 3.0 controller card includes a low profile/half-height bracket for installation in slimline or small form factor computer cases.
- Twice the speed of SATA II (3Gbps)
- Ships with a full profile bracket install, low profile included
- Supports SATA Rev 3.0 transfer speeds up to 6.0Gbps and backwards compatible with SATA I/II at 1.5/3.0Gbps
- Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching supported
- Supports RAID 0 and 1 modes
- Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 standards
- Uses existing SATA I/II connectors and cabling
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and ATA/ ATAPI commands
- LED headers for HDD activity LED indicators
- Multimedia streaming or video editing
- High performance internal SATA storage solution
- Add two internal SATA 6Gbps port for connecting SATA rev 3.0 (6Gbps) Hard Drives
- Perfect for multi-drive internal raid storage solutions
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Marvell - 9128|
|Internal Ports||2 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|Supported RAID Modes||RAID 0 (Striped Disks)
RAID 1 (Mirrored Disks)
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows XP (32/64bit) / Server 2003 (32/64bit) / Vista (32/64bit) / 7 (32/64bit) / Server 2008 R2|
|Dimensions||0.84 x 2.66 x 2.54 inches
21 x 68 x 65 mm
Note: The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with PCI Express Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with PCI Express Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps