Average Rating: With 5 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
WARNING: Not compatible with Windows 7
HyperLight Research from Calgary writes:
- Amazing hardware
- Bad drivers cripple the card
- In late 2013 Microsoft changed the sound driver architecture in Windows 7, and as of 2014 ASUS still hasn't fixed the drivers for ANY of their Xonar cards. This causes the card to output sound at 8KHz with *massive* compression artifacts, no matter what the settings. It sounds like a bad Skype call. Stay FAR away from this card and ALL Xonar cards by ASUS. Google "Asus Xonar Stutter" for more info.
Good card for the money
Chris from winnipeg writes:
- For 30 bucksi found no problems
- none for the price.
- A good card. Software i feel could be a bit more detailed as the dolby out option is almost hidden in hte software. it is unchecked by default.but uts a good card.
Great for it's price
Nick from Portage La Prarie writes:
- I didn't expect to hear any difference from my integrated audio, but there is quite a noticeable difference in the clarity of the sound on my speakers (logitech Z506)... and on headphones, the bass is on a whole different level
- nothing much, if you're planning to install it under a GPU, remove it first to save a headache :P
- very good quality for the $30 price point
Keith from Winnipeg writes:
- - Dolby Headphone is great for those wanting good surround positional audio on their stereo headphones - Headphone Amp is a nice touch - Good sound quality
- - For $30 its hard to really complain about anything
- Card works great and sounds great. Much improved over the "Headphone Virtualization" from my onboard Realtek and the MIc quality might be even better (it was very good with my onboard). Front Jacks work perfectly though you have to make sure you set it properly (i.e. AC97 or HD). With a $10 mail-in rebate (which can be printed from the rebates section it sweetens the deal even more!
Mike from Edmonton writes:
- -Good sound quality on headphones
- -Mic jack doesn't work at all
-Front (ac '97 AND HD Audio) jacks don't work
- Don't be tempted by the price, this thing is trash. I've combed the web and tried multiple drivers and can't sort out the mic issue, despite it being very common.
If you suffer a lapse in your judgement and do decide to purchase this, be sure to confirm that the rebate paperwork is with it. Mine was missing and they wouldn't do anything for me when I went back.