The PATA2SATA3 is a bi-directional SATA IDE adapter/converter that lets you connect a Serial ATA drive to a legacy IDE port, or an IDE drive to a SATA motherboard port.
A cost-effective solution for upgrading existing IDE systems to support SATA hard drives or optical drives, the SATA/IDE adapter eliminates the expense of having to purchase a controller card while saving the expansion slot that would be required for card installation.
In addition to SATA hard drive installation, the adapter can be reversed in order to connect older IDE drives to a newer SATA-enabled motherboard, making it easy to retrieve old files from a previous system.
- A single, versatile adapter can be used to connect an IDE device to a SATA motherboard or vice-versa without any drivers or software installation
- Supports not only hard drives, but CD/DVD optical drives as well
- Connect newer SATA drives to an older motherboard with only IDE support
- Connect an old IDE drive to a new SATA only motherboard to recover the data
- Technicians who regularly need to work with both types of drives across different types of systems
- Backed by a StarTech's 1 year warranty and free lifetime technical support
|Adapter Type||Bi-Directional SATA-IDE Adapter / Converter|
|Connector Types|| 2 - SATA Data 7 pin Male|
1 - IDE 40 pin Female
1 - SP4 Male
|LED Indicators||1 - Power - Red
1 - HDD Activity - Green
|Number of Drives||1|
|Chipset ID||Sunplus - SPIF223A|
|Industry Standards||Serial ATA 1.0|
|Compatible Drives||2.5" SATA
5.25" SATA Optical Drive
5.25" EIDE Optical Drive