Intel's Reliable PCI Express Gigabit CT Network Interface Card
Connectivity You Can Count On
For PCs with PCI Express (PCIe) slots, the Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter offers the newest technology for maximizing system performance and increasing end-user productivity.
Specifically, the Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter uses auto-negotiation to ensure the adapter runs at the highest available network speed (10, 100, or 1000 Mbps), and maintains full bandwidth capacity with the dedicated bandwidth of a PCIe input/output (I/O) bus to provide connectivity you can count on.
Based on the low-power Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller, this desktop adapter offers optimal performance in a low-cost, low-power, compact profile. Teaming support and an array of other advanced features enable customers to use this adapter as an entry-level server adapter as well.
PCI Express Makes Gigabit Ethernet Even Faster
PCI Express is the third-generation I/O standard with performance that supercedes the previous PCI and PCI-X slot standards. The key to PCIe performance is its higher dedicated I/O bandwidth. Unlike the PCI bus, which shares its I/O resources with all devices on the bus, PCIe dedicates its I/O to a single device. The Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter allows you to take advantage of this dedicated I/O by combining Gigabit Ethernet with PCI Express to provide high-performance network connectivity for desktops with PCI Express slots.
Make the Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter your choice for applications utilizing rich media content such as video streaming, web applications, music, and gaming.
Enhancing Desktop Performance Enhances Network Performance
Fast servers and server connections are important for high network performance. However, server speed cannot overcome the drag of slow desktop performance. When a desktop PC initiates a transaction with the network server, the server quickly performs its portion of the transaction, but must wait for the desktop PC to complete its part of the transaction. The slower the PC, the longer the server must wait for transaction completion before moving to the next transaction. With PCIe Gb performance to the desktop, transactions on the PC side complete significantly faster, allowing the network to service more transactions faster.
Quick and Easy Installation
Like all Intel® Network Adapters, the Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter is supported by Intel® PROSet Utility for Microsoft Device Manager and Intel® PRO intelligent install. Intel PROSet simplifies adapter installation and gives you point and click power for configuring and managing all of your Intel Network Connections.
- Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller Chip offers 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Interrupt moderation delivers increased performance while significantly reducing CPU usage
- PCI Express x1 Slot Compatible for high performance while maintaining compatibility with PCI applications
- Compatible with slower Fast Ethernet and Ethernet standards and enables easy, quick migration to Gigabit Ethernet
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Auto-Negotiation for full network compatibility
- Supports Most Network Operating Systems for widespread deployment
- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI); Wake on LAN (WoL); Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Remote Management Support reduces support costs with remote management based on industry-wide standards
- Intel® PROSet Utility for Microsoft Device Manager provides point-and-click power over individual adapters, advanced adapter features, connection teaming, and virtual local area network (VLAN) configuration
- Advanced Cable Diagnostics dynamically tests and reports network problems (error rate, cable length) and automatically compensates for cable issues (cross-over cable, wrong pin-out/polarity)
- Optimized Queues: 2 Transmit (Tx) and 2 Receive (Rx) for efficient packet prioritization
- MSI-X Support minimizes the overhead of interrupts and allows load balancing of interrupt handling between different cores/CPUs
Minimum System Requirements
1 x Available PCI Express x 1, 4, 8 or 16 slot
|External Port||1 x 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 LAN Port|
|External LEDs||Link/Activity LED: Off=No Link; On=Link; Blinking=Activity;
Speed LED: Off=10Mb; Green=100Mb; Yellow=1000Mb
|Interface Type||PCI Express 1.1 (2.5 GT/s)|
|PCI Express Slot||PCI Express x 1; also works in x4, x8 and x16 slots|
|Control Processor||Intel® 82574L|
|Interrupt Levels||INTA, MSI, MSI-X|
|Standards||IEEE 802.3 (10BaseT)
IEEE 802.3z (1000BASE-X Gbit/s Ethernet)
|Certifications||BSMI, CE, CTICK, FCC B, MIC, UL, VCCI|
|Software||Intel® PROSet Utility
Intel® PRO Intelligent Install
|Power||1.9W typical consumption|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 to 55° C (32 to 131° F)
Storage: -40 to 70° C (-40 to 158° F)
|Relative Humidity||Storage: up to 90% RH Non-Condensing|
|Dimensions (LxW)||11.9 x 5.5mm (4.7 x 2.2")|
- Intel® EXPI9301CT Gigabit PCI-E x1 Network Interface Card