LSI battery backup units are add-on modules that protect against data loss in the event of a server or power failure by providing emergency power to the cache memory. When power is restored, the data not yet written to the hard drives can be retrieved from cache memory.
LSI provides a family of intelligent battery backup units (iBBUs) for use with its high-performance RAID controllers. The LSI iBBUs provide an inexpensive alternative to using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and a second level of fault tolerance when used in conjunction with a UPS.
The MegaRAID LSIiBBU07, used with the 8880EM2, 9750 Series*, 9260 Series and 9280 Series* protects the integrity of the cached data by providing backup power if there is a complete AC power failure or a brief power outage.
- Protect against data loss in the event of a server or power failure
- For 8880EM2, 9750 Series, 9260 Series and 9280 Series
Designed for use with the following LSI / 3Ware RAID Controllers:
- LSI MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2 Series
- LSI MegaRAID 9260 Series
- LSI MegaRAID 9280 Series*
- LSI MegaRAID 9750 Series*
* Requires part LSI00260 when used with 9750 and 9280 16i4e/ 24i4e controllers.
|Product Type||Battery Backup Unit|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion (LiON)|
|Data Retention||Up to 72 hours|
- MegaRAID LSIiBBU07
- Installation guide