Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Pat from Canada writes:
- Blazing USB 3.0
- Possibly snapping it off when hauling laptop around. Need for external power supply if powering from the USB port. (Could use external powered USB3.0 hub or powered enclosures to mitigate the issue.)
- A very quick search on StarTech's website provides the following: Due to the power limitations of the ExpressCard interface this adapter cannot supply 900mA of current to both ports. Some devices like External 2.5” Hard Drives may require an additional power adapter. So it is an interface limitation, not the card per-se and the information is readily available to anyone willing to do a modicum of research. I noted the same power adapter hold on all of the StarTech cards and was curious myself.
don't get it
cliffs from calgary writes:
- Couldn't get it to work.
- There is a power plug in but as the previous poster indicated the is no information on 1) that it is required and 2)where to get it or what its specifications might be.
- Very disappointed that even the sales reps didn't mention the power supply if it is required.
Jason from Calgary North writes:
- Give two ports
- Require external power supply to run USB 3.0, which is not provided.
No Specs were given for the power supply so no way to get a compatible adapter. Besides power adapter cost another $30.
- Unless you are just looking for USB 2.0 with 3.0 capability, and don't mind getting an adaptor go for it.