Providing speeds up to 10x faster than that of USB 2.0, this ExpressCard USB 3.0 card enables you to access your data and transfer files much faster than USB 2.0, by adding two USB 3.0 ports to your ExpressCard capable laptop.
Featuring a native NEC PCI Express host controller chipset, the new SuperSpeed USB supports transfer rates up to 5Gbps, while still providing connectivity and support for older USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and 1.1 (12Mbps) devices.
Designed to provide reliable SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connections, this ExpressCard adapter is backed by StarTech.com's lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Backwards compatible with previous USB standards
- Compliant with ExpressCard 1.0 specs
- Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.96 specifications
- Fully supports the following USB Communication Types: Control / Bulk / Interrupt / Isochronous Transfer
- Support USB transfer speeds of 5Gbps (Super Speed), 480Mbps (High Speed), 12Mbps (Full Speed), and 1.5Mbps (Low Speed)
- Supports up to 127 USB devices connected to a single interface. (Requires additional USB hubs to obtain this number)
- USB ports are Hot Swapping and Plug-and-Play compliant
- Add Super Speed USB 3.0 to your existing system
- Add two additional USB ports
- Enable high speed USB communication between your Notebook and any USB enabled device
|Card Type||34mm ExpressCard|
|Chipset ID||NEC Electronics - µPD720200|
|External Ports||2 - USB A 3.0 Female|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 2000 / XP (32/64bit) / 2003 (32/64bit) / Vista (32/64bit) / 7(32/64bit)|
Note: Due to the power limitations of the ExpressCard interface this adapter cannot supply 900mA of current to both ports. Some devices like External 2.5” Hard Drives may require an additional power adapter.
The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with ExpressCard Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with ExpressCard Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps.