Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Better than internal sound card
Ben Franchuk from Edmonton writes:
- -Portable, Compact design -Lots of I\O (2x mic inputs, line in, seperate headphone output, 7.1 outputs, and S/PDIF) -Works well -Easy to configure -Sounds awesome -Actual 7.1 output through 3.5mm jacks (front, center/sub, side, rear) -lots of configuration options via settings application -No problems with installation, retains to opperate after rebooting etc. -Low price, but very high quality -
- -Runs on USB 2.0 (though this does not affect performance as far as I have experienced) -On occasion, when lots of low frequencies (bass) are being transmitted to the speakers, the higher frequencies (treble) will be dampened. This happens quite rarely, as this only occurs with EXTREMELY low frequencies, and can be excused as this is somewhat to be expected when using a USB device for audio.
- Works far better than my Asus Xonar DG internal sound card, and actually outputs full 7.1 audio, unlike the afformentioned Asus card, which while advertises 7.1, only outputs 5.1 through non-S/PDIF connections, and does not output any center channel. I am extremely impressed with this StarTech device, for its masive roster of capabilities, and also, for the price- While very cheap, this device sounds and opperates so much better than many internal devices. I highly reccomend this product.
Justin from Shaw writes:
- It is awesome when it works. nice sound love the seperate headphone jack
- driver support is lacking for win7 64 bit it is a hassle to get working again
- dont buy this one for the price you should go internal
Neat Product, OSX Support out of Box
Travis K from Edmonton writes:
- USB Powered, 7.1 Channel Audio, Volume control and Mute right on Box, SPDIF. Plug this into a Max and OSx recognizes it right away 10.4 & Up.
- Headphone passthrough doesn't work for me.
- Great product, Decent Price, just not sure why headphone pass through doesn't function. Would have been 5 stars if that feature worked.