Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Nothing But Problems
Bob from Calgary writes:
- At least it was cheap.
- XP kept trying to install the card as an OpenHCD controller rather than as the correct NEC controller. After finally getting it properly installed and working for a short time, XP started seeing it as new hardware and tried re-installing it as an OpenHCD controller again. While the system was recognizing it as an OpenHCD controller, I would get random BSoDs on startup. Finally just took the card out and learned to live with fewer ports until I can get a new computer.
- Very disappointing.
Brian from Calgary, AB writes:
- Easy to install. Makesure it's snug, it made kind of a click noise.
- Not PCI-E. Motherboards share the pci bussing. But this is great if you have multiple external drives and only turn them on when needed.
- I recommend these for those who have older systems, or to make some mroe usb2 ports on your current system since pci is still on some motherboards but being phased out. And double check that the card is screwed in tight or snapped in snugly with the back of your case, I had to manipulate that little door of my Cooler Master G-Lite 330. Otherwise the cards move around.
Adapter Card Will Not Disappoint!
Peter from Calgary writes:
- Easy to Install. Plug and play. Price is awesome.
- None so far.
- Installed last year in an older machine. Easy Install. Works great!
Ben from Sherwood Park writes:
- No drivers, easy install
- wasn't free?
- When I purchased I assumed that the +1 USB ment a header, it's actually a USB port on the inside of your computer... but I didn't care as I didn't buy this for an extra 'header'.