Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (rev. 1.0) Motherboard
With the fast-moving technology changes, GIGABYTE always follows the latest trends and provides customers with advanced features and latest technologies. GIGABYTE motherboards are equipped with upgraded power solution, latest storage standards and outstanding connectivity to enable optimized performance for gaming.
- Intel® Socket LGA 1700：Support 13th and 12th Gen Series Processors
- Unparalleled Performance：Twin 16+1+１ Phases Digital VRM Solution*
- Dual Channel DDR5：4*SMD DIMMs with XMP 3.0 Memory Module Support
- Next Generation Storage：3*PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Connectors
- Advanced Thermal Design & M.2 Thermal Guard: To Ensure VRM Power Stability & M.2 SSD Performance
- EZ-Latch：PCIe 5.0 x16 Slot with Quick Release & Screwless Design
- Fast Networks：2.5GbE LAN + Wi-Fi 5 802.11ac + Bluetooth v4.2
- Extended Connectivity：DP, HDMI, Front USB-C® 5Gb/s, Rear USB-C® 20Gb/s
- Smart Fan 6：Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus： Update BIOS Without Installing the CPU, Memory, and Graphics Card
*8+8 phases parallel power design.Digital VRM design for VCORE & VCCGT
Twin Digital VRM Design
To ensure maximum Turbo Boost and overclocking performance of Intel's new generation CPU, GIGABYTE UD series motherboard equip the best VRM design ever built with the highest quality components.
Design Ready for PCIe 5.0
PCIe 5.0 Design supports double the bandwidth of PCIe 4.0 and ensures that compatible with cutting-edge GPUs released in the next few years to their full capability.
DDR5 Overclocking Up to 7600 and Beyond*
Gigabyte is offering a tested and proven platform that has memory overclocking capability up to 7600 and beyond. For DDR5 XMP Memory, all users need to do to attain high memory performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their GIGABYTE motherboard
Hybrid Cores Optimization
With new Intel Hybrid technology, GIGABYTE exclusively creates two new "CPU Upgrade" in BIOS profiles to meet different users' scenarios by adjusting P-Core and E-Core activation and voltage policy.
Outstanding Thermal Design
GIGABYTE Motherboards' unparalleled performance is guaranteed by innovative and optimized thermal design to ensure the best CPU, Chipset, SSD stability and low temperatures under full load application and gaming performance.
- 4X Large Surface
Increased surface area up to 4X larger compared to traditional heatsinks. It improves heat dissipation from the MOSFETs.
- Real One-piece Build
TMOS is a TRUE single piece heatsink. Its one-piece design and larger surface drastically improve the cooling performance against competitors' multi-piece design.
GIGABYTE Ultra-Efficient M.2 Thermal Guard
With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 SSD devices. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
Smart Fan 6
Smart Fan 6 contains several unique cooling features that ensure gaming PC maintain its performance while staying cool and quiet. Multiple fan headers can support PWM/DC fan and pump, and users can easily define each fan curve based on different temperature sensors across the board via intuitive user interface.
GIGABYTE Motherboards enable the ultimate connection experience with blazing data-transfer speeds through the next generation network, storage, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac Chipset w/ Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth v4.2
The onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 module from Intel® supports Dual Band and up to 1.73Gbps, 5x faster Wi-Fi speed than 802.11n and also support BLUETOOTH 4.2.
First adopter on 2.5GbE LAN onboard
doption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least 2 times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience. Support Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 Ethernet
Connecting the Future - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C®
Featuring the USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 design which is doubled the performance than previous generation of USB 3.2 Gen 2. It works up to 20Gbps ultra-fast data transfer while connecting to USB 3.2 compliant peripherals. Through the USB Type-C® connector, users can enjoy the flexibility of reversible connection to access and store massive amounts of data rapidly.
High-End Audio Capacitors
GIGABYTE motherboards use high-end audio capacitors. These high quality capacitors help deliver high resolution and high fidelity audio to provide the most realistic sound effects for gamers.
Audio Noise Guard
GIGABYTE motherboards feature an audio noise guard that essentially separates the board's sensitive analog audio components from potential noise pollution at the PCB level.
GIGABYTE motherboards bundle several useful and intuitive software to help users to control every aspect of motherboard and provide customizable lighting effect with outstanding aesthetics to fit your unique personality.
RGB Fusion Multi-Zone Light Show Design
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned RGB Fusion 2.0 application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
The EASY MODE shows important hardware information in one page including CPU clock, Memory, Storage, Fan. List all changes before saving and exiting bios. Quickly review overall settings modification.Show all kinds of storage information including SATA, PCIE and M.2 interface.
GIGABYTE Control Center
GIGABYTE CONTROL CENTER (GCC) is a unified software for all GIGABYTE supported products. It provides newly designed intuitive user interface to control all essential function.
- Unified software platform for all Gigabyte supported products
- Intuitive user interface for an eased experience
- Modularized control components only for installed hardware
- Auto update function to keep system up to date and support future products
A multi-function reset button that can be reconfigured to other function in BIOS for different user scenarios.
- RGB Switch
Turn off all lighting effect on motherboard.
Boot into BIOS menu directly without pressing any keyboard button.
- Safe Mode
Boot into BIOS safe mode to change specific option without losing other BIOS settings.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ design provides product durability and high-quality manufacturing process. GIGABYTE motherboards use the best components and reinforce every slots to make each of them solid and durable.
DIY Friendly - PCIe EZ-Latch
Unlock the latch of the PCIe slot easily when remove the graphics card in the PCIe slot.
Update the BIOS easily without installing the CPU, memory and graphics card. With GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus, you don't need to install the CPU, memory and graphics card nor enter the BIOS menu to flash the BIOS. Just download and save a new BIOS file (rename to gigabyte.bin) on the USB flash drive, then press the dedicated Q-Flash Plus button and you're good to go!
|Make and Model||Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (rev. 1.0) Motherboard|
|Part Number||Z790 UD AC|
|CPU||LGA1700 socket: Support for the 13th and 12th Generation Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors |
L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
|Chipset||Intel® Z790 Express Chipset|
|Memory||1. Support for DDR5 7600(O.C.) /7400(O.C.) /7200(O.C.) /7000(O.C.) /6800(O.C.) /6600(O.C.) / 6400(O.C.) / 6200(O.C.) / 6000(O.C.) / 5800(O.C.) / 5600(O.C.) / 5400(O.C.) / 5200(O.C.) / 4800 / 4000 memory modules |
2. 4 x DDR DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
3. Dual channel memory architecture
4. Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
5. Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
6. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support: |
1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@60 Hz
* Support for HDMI 2.0 version and HDCP 2.3.
2. 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version and HDCP 2.3
(Graphics specifications may vary depending on CPU support.)
|Audio||1. Realtek® Audio CODEC
2. High Definition Audio
* You can change the functionality of an audio jack using the audio software. To configure 7.1-channel audio, access the audio software for audio settings.
4. Support for S/PDIF Out
|LAN||Realtek® 2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbps/1 Gbps/100 Mbps)|
|Wireless Communication Module||Realtek® Wi-Fi RTL8821C |
1. WIFI 5, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac supporting 2.4 / 5 GHz Dual-Band
2. Bluetooth v4.2
3. Support for 11ac wireless standard and up to 433 Mbps data rate
(Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.)
1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, supporting PCIe 5.0 and running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, supporting PCIe 4.0 and running at x4 (PCIEX4)
2. 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, supporting PCIe 3.0 and running at x1 (PCIEX1_1, PCIEX1_4)
3. 2 x PCI Express x1 slots, supporting PCIe 3.0 and running at x1 (PCIEX1_2, PCIEX1_3)
Support for AMD CrossFire™ technology (PCIEX16 and PCIEX4)
1. 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 22110/2280 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU)
1. 2 x M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2Q_SB, M2P_SB)
2. 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 support for NVMe SSD storage devices
RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 support for SATA storage devices
1. 1 x USB Type-C® port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 support
2. 1 x USB Type-C® port with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
3. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
4. 6 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
1. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors||1. 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
2. 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors
3. 1 x CPU fan header
4. 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
5. 3 x system fan headers
6. 1 x system fan/water cooling pump header
7. 2 x addressable LED strip headers
8. 2 x RGB LED strip headers
9. 3 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
10. 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
11. 1 x front panel header
12. 1 x front panel audio header
13. 1 x S/PDIF Out header
14. 1 x USB Type-C® header, with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support
15. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
16. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
17. 1 x serial port header
18. 2 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connectors
19. 1 x Trusted Platform Module header (For the GC-TPM2.0 SPI/GC-TPM2.0 SPI 2.0 module only)
20. 1 x reset button
21. 1 x Q-Flash Plus button
22. 1 x reset jumper
23. 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
|Back Panel Connectors||1. 1 x USB Type-C® port, with USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 support
2. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
3. 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
4. 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
5. 2 x SMA antenna connectors (1T1R)
6. 1 x HDMI 2.0 port
7. 1 x DisplayPort
8. 1 x RJ-45 port
9. 3 x audio jacks
|I/O Controller||iTE® I/O Controller Chip|
|H/W Monitoring||1. Voltage detection |
2. Temperature detection
3. Fan speed detection
4. Water cooling flow rate detection
5. Fan fail warning
6. Fan speed control
* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.
|BIOS||1. 1 x 256 Mbit flash |
2. Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
3. PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Unique Features||1. Support for GIGABYTE Control Center (GCC) |
* Available applications in GCC may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
2. Support for Q-Flash
3. Support for Q-Flash Plus
4. Support for Smart Backup
|Bundled Software||1. Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
2. LAN bandwidth management software
|Operating System||Support for Windows 11 64-bit |
Support for Windows 10 64-bit
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm|