WD Black SN850X NVMe SSD – The Ultimate X Factor
Strap in for breakneck gaming speeds with the WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe™ SSD. Crush load times and slash throttling, lagging, and model pop-ins for a smooth, fast experience that lets you compete at your absolute peak. This purpose-built gaming drive comes in capacities of 1TB to 4TB1, with an optional heatsink on the 1TB and 2TB drives to help sustain top-end performance for more consistent gameplay. With the advanced features of Game Mode 2.0 (Windows® only) plus speeds that approach the limits of the PCIe® Gen43 interface, the WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD delivers top-tier performance to keep you playing, streaming, recording, and dominating the game.
- Get the ultimate gaming edge over your competition with insane speeds
- Soup up your gaming experience with extremely low latency that loads graphics fast with minimal stutter and lagging for smooth, satisfying action
- A range of capacities from 1TB to 4TB2 means you get to keep more of today's games
- Game Mode 2.0 serves up even more PC performance-boosting features like load prediction to ready game assets for fast in-game loading
- 5-year Manufacturer limited warranty
Get the Ultimate Gaming Edge
Insane speeds up to 7,300 MB/s2 deliver top-tier performance with ridiculously short load times for the elite gaming experience you've been waiting for.
Soup Up Your Rig
Extremely low latency loads graphics fast with minimal stutter and lagging for an incredibly smooth, satisfying gaming experience.
More Room for More Games
Today's A-list titles can take up 200GB1 or more of storage. A range of capacities from 1TB to 4TB1 means you get to keep more games at the ready and get into the action fast.
Game Mode 2.0
The latest version of Game Mode serves up even more PC performance-boosting features like load prediction to ready game assets for fast in-game loading.
Near-Max PCIe Gen43 Speeds
The WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD delivers output approaching the limits of the PCIe Gen4 interface to help you get ultra-fast performance out of your storage and system components.
- Computer with M.2 (M-key) port, capable of taking M.2 2280 form factor
- Windows® 11, 10, 8.1
- PlayStation® 5 (Heatsink model only)4
|Make and Model||Western Digital Black SN850X NVMe M.2 SSD|
|Sequential Bandwidth||Read: up to 7,300MB/s
Write: up to 6,600MB/s
|Random IOPS||Reads: up to 1,200K IOPS
Writes: up to 1,100K IOPS
|Interface||PCIe Gen4 x 4|
|Form Factor||M.2 2280|
|Endurance (TBW)||Total Bytes Written: 2400TB Written|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 85° C (32 ~ 185° F)
Non-Operating: -40 ~ 85° C (-40 ~ 185° F)
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||80 x 22 x 2.38 mm|
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- Based on read speed, unless otherwise stated. 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
- PCIe Gen4 storage technology requires a compatible motherboard. WD_BLACK SN850X is backwards-compatible with PCIe Gen3.
- For PS5™ firmware compatibility, please visit http://wdblack.com/SN850HS-PS5.