Samsung T7 Shield Portable USB 3.2 SSD – The New Norm in External Storage
Ideal for outdoor use, the Samsung 1TB T7 Shield Portable SSD features a rubber protected exterior and an IP65 rating, providing content creators with both performance and durability. The rugged design and advanced outer elastomer protect it from drops while still being lightweight and portable. Moreover, the T7 Shield offers users quick performance and little downtime with read and write speeds of up to 1,050 MB/s* and 1,000 MB/s* respectively. Its USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port provides wide compatibility.
- High performance on-the-go, with rugged durability
- IP65 rating for water and dust resistance, with Dynamic Thermal Guard to control heat
- Durable, rugged design
Tough, fast, and compact. The all new rugged PSSD T7 Shield is built to endure with the space to create thanks to an IP65 rating for Dust* and Water** resistance.
* Consistent with IP65 rating, tested under controlled conditions: 2kg/m³ of active dust with a pressure under 2kPa for 8 hours. Dust resistant capabilities may vary depending on the actual conditions.
** Consistent with IP65 rating, tested under controlled conditions: water flow of 100kPa for 3 minutes. Water resistant capabilities may vary depending on the actual conditions.
Keep Cool at High Speed
Transfer massive files in seconds. USB 3.2 Gen 2 and PCIe NVMe achieve soaring sequential read/write speeds of up to 1,050/1,000 MB/s*, allowing you to edit directly from the drive. The high-tech rubber exterior with Dynamic Thermal Guard controls heat to maintain steady performance for even giant projects.
* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum read/write speeds of up to 1,050/1,000 MB/s, respectively, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.2 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled. Test system configuration: ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO (USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C), Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, OS- Windows® 10 19H2.
Ready for the rough and tumble. Shoot on location and wander the wild while feeling confident your data is securely resistant against water* and dust** with an IP65 rating. The rugged design and advanced outer elastomer add extra durability to even endure a 9.8 foot drop***.
* Consistent with IP65 rating, tested under controlled conditions: water flow of 100kPa for 3 minutes. Water resistant capabilities may vary depending on the actual conditions.
** Consistent with IP65 rating, tested under controlled conditions: 2kg/m3 of active dust with a pressure under 2kPa for 8 hours. Dust resistant capabilities may vary depending on the actual conditions.
*** Tested to withstand 9.8-ft (3 meters) drop under controlled conditions. Drop resistance capability may vary depending on the actual environmental conditions.
Compatible with Your Devices
The T7 Shield is compatible with PC, Mac, Android devices, gaming consoles, and more*. Included in the box are USB Type C-to-C and Type C-to-A cables** for added convenience.
* Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T7 Shield reformatting.
** T7 Shield is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Durable Yet Stylish
Take your pick. 1TB or 2TB gives you colossal space in sleek colorways of blue, beige, or black. The stylish rubberized grip prevents slips so it stays in your hands. Bring everything with you, and look great doing it.
World's #1 Flash Memory Brand
Experience the superior performance and reliability that you can only get from the world's number one brand for flash memory since 2003*. All firmware and components, including Samsung's world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust.
* Source: 2003~2021 OMDIA data: NAND suppliers' revenue market share.
|Make and Model||Samsung T7 Shield Portable SSD USB 3.2, 1TB|
|Interface||USB 3.2 Gen2 (10 Gbps)
USB 3.1, 3.0 and 2.0 port backward compatible
|Speed||Sequential Read: Up to 1,050 MB/sec
Sequential Write: Up to 1,000 MB/sec
Runs on slower USB 3.x Gen1 ports and USB 2.0 ports at significantly reduced transfer speeds
(* Performance may vary depending on system environment even with USB 3.2 interface with supporting UASP)
|AES Encryption||AES 256-bit hardware encryption|
|Security||Samsung Portable SSD Software 1.0
(*Optional Password Protection)
|IP Rating||IP65 Water / Dust resistant|
|Power||USB Bus Powered
No external Power Supply required
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 60°C
Non-operating: -40°C to 85°C
|Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Certification||CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB, EAC, UKCA, BIS|
|Dimensions||88 x 59 x 13 mm|
- Samsung T7 Shield Portable SSD, USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB (Black)
- USB Cable(s)
- Quick Start Guide