ASUS ZenBook 14X OLED – A Vision Of Brilliance
Let your productivity shine with Zenbook 14X OLED! This compact, slim and light laptop features a beautiful 16:10 4K OLED HDR NanoEdge touchscreen that delivers the deepest blacks and the most vivid colours. Powered by the latest AMD Ryzen™ 7-5800H processor, Zenbook 14X OLED also includes ASUS IceCool Plus dual-fan cooling technology for stunning sustained performance. The precision-engineered 180° ErgoLift hinge makes sharing content easy, and the innovative ASUS NumberPad 2.0 is designed to make your on-the-go productivity more efficient. Zenbook 14X OLED adds a touch of brilliance to your on-the-go lifestyle.
- AMD Ryzen™ 7-5800H Octa Core 3.20 GHz Processor
- 14in 2.8K (2880 x 1800) Touchscreen, 16:10 Anti-glare display
- AMD® Radeon Graphics
- 16GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 512GB PCIe SSD high speed storage
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and Bluetooth v5.0 wireless connectivity
- Windows® 11 Home, 64-bit
Bring Everything to Life in Vivid Colour
The amazing up to 4K OLED HDR NanoEdge touchscreen1, 2 on Zenbook 14X OLED has a 16:10 aspect ratio to give you a bigger visual workspace than a standard 16:9 display. Its cinema-grade 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut and PANTONE® Validated colour accuracy delivers ultra-vivid, ultra-accurate colours. Deeper blacks offer enhanced realism, and your eye care is ensured by TÜV certification for low blue-light emissions.
Ultimate Professional-grade Colours
ASUS OLED laptops deliver exceptionally detailed and realistic visuals, with a cinema-grade 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut. This means that the colours reproduced on the display are richer and more vivid: it's ideal for colour-intensive projects, but also enhances any kind of content.
ASUS OLED laptops maintain a 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut at both high and low brightness levels, while on a standard LCD laptop the colour gamut is reduced dramatically at low brightness levels. At a gray-level brightness of 16 G, LCD laptops only have an 11% DCI-P3 colour gamut, while ASUS OLED laptops maintain a 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut.
70% Blue-light Reduction for Eye Care
Blue light is known to cause visual discomfort and disrupt sleep quality. However, due to the nature of the special organic lighting materials in an OLED display, ASUS OLED laptops emit 70% less harmful blue light3, and they're also certified by TÜV Rheinland and SGS. More importantly, unlike traditional blue-light filters, shifting the spectrum means there's no need to compromise colour accuracy.
Eye Care, Even More Critical for Children
Since children's eyes are not fully developed, with a more transparent lens and cornea, harmful blue light can penetrate the eye more easily, potentially causing premature aging of the retina. Research6 has shown that in a five-year-old child's eyes, approximately 60% of the received blue-light emissions pass through to the retina, compared to only around 20% for a 60-year-old adult. With ASUS OLED displays, the significantly lower blue light levels mean better eye care for children.
OLED has much Higher Perceptual Brightness
On conventional LCD displays, detail and colour quality usually decrease dramatically as the brightness is reduced. But ASUS OLED laptops are able to show great detail at lower brightness settings due to their high contrast and their ability to maintain a wide colour gamut at low brightness. ASUS OLED laptops can maintain good colour reproduction at any brightness level, so you can freely adjust the screen's brightness to suit your working environment, while still enjoying exceptionally vivid colours. For example, in the living room environment (usually illuminated at about 100 lux), you only need 177 nits brightness in an OLED display to produce the same clear image as 400 nits brightness in an LCD display. At the lower brightness levels needed on OLED displays, there’s less harmful blue light emitted.
ZenBook 14 redefines what's possible in an ultrathin laptop. It gives you a full complement of I/O ports5, including full-size HDMI, USB Type-A and USB-C™. There's also a microSD card reader for easy data transfers from your mobile device, and a combo 3.5 mm jack for convenient audio device connectivity.
Designed for Comfort and Convenience
ZenBook 14 looks stunning, with a new edge-to-edge ergonomic keyboard design that allows more comfortable typing. For easy data entry, the innovative ASUS NumberPad 2.07 features an LED-illuminated numeric keypad built into the touchpad. With Windows® Hello and the integrated infrared (IR) camera, password-free face login is fast and easy, even in dim lighting conditions.
Precision-engineered ErgoLift Hinge
ZenBook 14 has a precision-engineered ErgoLift hinge that automatically lifts the rear of the laptop slightly when it's opened, tilting the keyboard to the optimum typing angle. This action also raises the chassis for optimized cooling and enhanced audio quality.
Zenbook 14X OLED is powered by the latest AMD Ryzen™ processor, with up to 16 GB RAM for smooth multitasking and effortless productivity. Ultrafast PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD storage and gigabit-class Intel Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) mean goodbye to slow loading of apps websites! ASUS IceCool Plus technology ensures maximum performance whenever you need it, with a choice of three cooling fan modes via the MyASUS app.
Everything's Easier with Zenbook 14X OLED
Whether you want to work or play on the go, the slim and light Zenbook 14X OLED makes everything easier, with its lay-flat hinge, stunning performance and beautiful high-resolution display.
Weighing only 1.4 kg9 and measuring a slim 15.9 mm, Zenbook 14X OLED is supremely portable and versatile. And its comprehensive I/O ports mean you can connect to anything you want, wherever you are.
We've made the user experience on Zenbook 14X OLED even better with some thoughtful design features. The 180° lay-flat ErgoLift hinge makes it easy to collaborate, and for easy data entry, there's the ASUS NumberPad 2.010 that integrates a full-size LED-illuminated numeric keypad into the touchpad. There’s secure fingerprint login, too, with a handy sensor on the power button.
Zenbook 14X OLED is packed with all the I/O ports you need for easy connectivity to your devices and peripherals. The reversible USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 ports support up to 10 Gbps data transfers, and there's also an HDMI port and a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port alongside a microSD card reader. Communications and audio I/O are taken care of by the convenient audio combo jack.
Next-level AI Noise-canceling Audio Technology
With the increase of remote work and video conferences, we implemented the ASUS AI noise-canceling technology to ensure the best experience. ASUS AI noise-canceling audio employs machine learning in order to isolate unwanted noise from human speech. The ClearVoice Mic feature in the MyASUS app can filter out ambient noise, and normalize all individual voices in Multi-presenter mode from different positions for optimum group conference-call quality. The ClearVoice Speaker feature filters out all ambient noise apart from human speech — so you'll hear what everyone else is saying.
MyASUS & ScreenXpert: Your Exclusive App Collection
Zenbook 14X OLED is bundled with the latest versions of ASUS-exclusive software, including MyASUS and ScreenXpert. MyASUS hosts a collection of handy ASUS apps and tools that help you get more out of your Zenbook 14X OLED. Use it to team up your iOS or Android phone with your laptop, optimize your laptop's performance, or contact after-sales service and support. ScreenXpert is a multi-screen organizer app that allows seamless organization of your apps on any connected external monitors for the ultimate efficiency.
Powerful, Immersive Sound
For unrivaled audio quality, Zenbook 14X OLED has a stereo sound system certified by the audio experts at Harman Kardon. It delivers powerful, immersive sound that's crystal-clear, giving you superbly immersive entertainment and communications.
Built to Last
Zenbook 14X OLED has been tested to meet the ultra-demanding MIL-STD-810H U.S. military standard for reliability and durability. Tests consisted of a punishing regime designed to ensure survival in harsh environments, and included power-on drop tests, vibration tests, and operation at extremes of humidity, altitude and temperature. Zenbook 14X OLED has also passed ASUS laptop stress tests that far exceed the standards set by the industry.
|Make and Model||ASUS ZenBook 14X OLED UM5401QA-DS79T-CA Laptop|
|Operating System||Windows 11 Home, 64-bit|
|Processor||AMD Ryzen™ 7-5800H, Octa Core Processor 3.20GHz
w/ 4.40GHz Max Boost, 16 Threads
|Memory||16GB LPDDR4X RAM (onboard)|
|Storage||512GB PCIe SSD|
|Card Reader||microSD Card Reader|
|Display||14.0" 2K (2,880 x 1,800) 16:10 Anti-glare Touchscreen, DCI-P3 100%, Glossy
|Graphics||AMD® Radeon® Graphics|
|Audio||Built-in Stereo speakers|
|Keyboard||Backlit chiclet keyboard|
|TouchPad||TouchPad, supports NumberPad|
|Web Camera||720p HD camera|
|Wireless LAN||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax)|
|Interface||2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support display / power delivery
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
1 x HDMI 2.0b
1 x micro SD card
1 x 3.5mm audio combo jack
|Power||100W USB Type-C power adapter:
Input: 100 ~ 240Vac, 50 / 60Hz
Output: 20Vdc @ 5A, 100W
|Battery||3-cell Lithium-ion battery, 63Whrs|
* Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery.
|Security||Trusted Platform Module (Firmware TPM)
IR webcam with Windows Hello support
|Dimensions||12.3" x 8.7" x 0.6"|
- The visual appearance of OLED displays may change over the product's lifetime. This is expected behavior that can include image persistence or burn-in, where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This tends to occur only in extreme use cases, such as when a static, high-contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time. ASUS laptops with an OLED display minimize this risk by setting Windows® 10's Dark mode as default, as well as shortening the idle time before the screen is turned off — both on mains (AC) and battery (DC) power. This dual approach minimizes the potential for burn-in to maximize the lifespan of your OLED display lifespan, and also reduces unnecessary power draw for optimal battery life. We also recommended adjust the brightness of your OLED display to complement the ambient lighting in your environment, rather than keeping the screen at maximum brightness at all times. You should also ensure that you have an animated, dark-background screensaver enabled in the Windows 10 Settings tool.
- The stated 3 mm width of the side bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the inside edge of the case. If the case width is included, the side bezel width is 4.3 mm. Measured based on standard (anti-glare) display configuration. The top bezel width is 5.86 mm and the bottom bezel width is 8.02 mm.
- Compared to average LCD displays in the market, measuring energy emission of blue light in between 415-455 nm wavelength.
- See: https://www.nature.com/articles/srep05223
- See: http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2017/ph240/kersten2
- See: https://www.essilorpro.com/content/dam/essilor-redesign/product-resources/crizal/Blue-Light-Roundtable_White-Paper.pdf
- Compared to average LCD laptop panel. Average LCD display has 10 ms response time.
- To enable Performance Mode, please keep the laptop plugged in for the best performance, set the Windows power option as ASUS Recommended Mode, and select Performance Mode in the MyASUS software.
- Weight might vary by specifications.
- Please note that all versions of NumberPad only work with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- The charging speed of a Power Delivery charger will match the connected adapter's power output, up to a maximum of 100 watts. USB-C Easy Charge provides 4.5 watt charging when connected to a non-Power Delivery charger, including most portable and USB Type-A to USB-C chargers. Some portable chargers may not support such features, depending on the configuration.