- New Processor Core Architecture
IPC improvements transform hardware and software efficiency and increase real-world performance for smooth gameplay, immersive productivity, and fast creation.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost
Accelerates AI inference—vastly improving performance for deep learning workloads.
- Gaussian Neural Accelerator 3.0 (GNA 3.0)4
Runs AI workloads on accelerator to more efficiently blur video background and suppress background noise.
- Intel® UHD Graphics featuring Intel® Xe graphics architecture
Rich media and intelligent graphics capabilities enable amplified visual complexity, enhanced 3D performance, and faster image processing.
- Enhanced Display Support (Integrated HDMI 2.0, HBR3)
Immerse in up to three simultaneous 4K displays at 60Hz or a pair of 5K displays at 60Hz with increased connectivity to enhance display support.
- Enhanced Media (12bit HEVC, 10bit AV1 decode, E2E compression)²
Greater system-wide performance and support for enhanced quality of media encode and decode, efficiently.
- New Overclocking Features and Capabilities
A range of enhanced overclocking capabilities, including Intel Performance Maximizer, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel Extreme Memory Profile—and, on unlocked processors, per-core hyperthreading, enhanced voltage frequency control, and PCle overclocking.¹
- Increased DDR4 speeds
Smooth media editing, fast multitasking, and enhanced productivity with memory support up to DDR4-3200.
- 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes
Additional lanes (compared to previous generations) increase PCIe throughput and flexibility for fast connection of next gen PCIe devices.
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Support
Performance improvements and power reduction over Intel® Optane™ memory with SSD.
Product and Performance Information
- All information provided is subject to change at any time, without notice. Intel may make changes to manufacturing life cycle, specifications, and product descriptions at any time, without notice. The information herein is provided "as-is" and Intel does not make any representations or warranties whatsoever regarding accuracy of the information, nor on the product features, availability, functionality, or compatibility of the products listed. Please contact system vendor for more information on specific products or systems.
- Intel classifications are for informational purposes only and consist of Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers. Any use made of Intel classifications are without recourse to Intel and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper ECCN or HTS. Your company as an importer and/or exporter is responsible for determining the correct classification of your transaction.
- Refer to Datasheet for formal definitions of product properties and features.
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i7-12700 Processor|
|Number of Cores||12 (8 Performance-cores + 4 Efficient-cores)|
|Number of Threads||20|
|Base Clock Speed||2.10 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||4.90 GHz|
|Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency¹||4.90 GHz|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Frequency¹||N/A|
|Cache||25 MB Intel® Smart Cache|
|Memory Type||Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s
Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s
|Max Memory Bandwidth||76.8 GB/s|
|ECC Memory Support||Yes|
|Processor Graphics||Intel® UHD Graphics 770|
|Graphics Base Frequency||300 MHz|
|Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency||1.50 GHz|
|Graphics Output||eDP 1.4b, DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.1|
|4K Support||Yes, at 60Hz|
|Max Resolution||HDMI: 4096x2160 @60Hz
DP: 7680x4320 @60Hz
eDP: 5120 x 3200 @ 120Hz
|Intel® Quick Sync Video||Yes|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology||N/A|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology||Yes|
|# of Displays Supported||4|
|PCI Express Revision||5.0 and 4.0|
|PCI Express Configurations||Up to 1x16+4, 2x8+4|
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes||20|
|Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost)||Yes|
|Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported||Yes|
|Intel® Speed Shift Technology||Yes|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0||No|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology||2.0|
|Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology||Yes|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)||Yes|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)||Yes|
|Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)||Yes|
|Intel® vPro™ Platform Eligibility||Yes|
|Instruction Set Extensions||Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology||Yes|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies||Yes|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology ¹||Yes|
|Intel® Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP)||Yes|
|Intel® Gaussian and Neural Accelerator||3.0|
|Security & Reliability|
|Intel® AES New Instructions||Yes|
|Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)||No|
|Intel® OS Guard||Yes|
|Intel® Trusted Execution Technology ¹||Yes|
|Execute Disable Bit||Yes|
|Intel® Boot Guard||Yes|
|Mode-based Execute Control (MBEC)||Yes|
|Intel® Control-Flow Enforcement Technology||Yes|
|Max TDP||180 W|
|Configurable TDP-down||65 W|
|Socket||Socket LGA 1700|
- This feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration.
- Some products can support AES New Instructions with a Processor Configuration update, in particular, i7-2630QM/i7-2635QM, i7-2670QM/i7-2675QM, i5-2430M/i5-2435M, i5-2410M/i5-2415M. Please contact OEM for the BIOS that includes the latest Processor configuration update.
Max Turbo Frequency refers to the maximum single-core processor frequency that can be achieved with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information and applicability of this technology.
System and Maximum TDP is based on worst case scenarios. Actual TDP may be lower if not all I/Os for chipsets are used.