The Elite Gaming Processor
8 cores optimized for high-FPS gaming rigs.
When you have the world’s most advanced desktop processor architecture² for gamers and content creators, the possibilities are endless. Whether you are playing the latest games, designing the next skyscraper, or crunching data, you need a powerful processor that can handle it all—and more. Hands down, the AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series desktop processors set the bar for gamers and artists alike.
AMD 3D V-Cache™ Technology
Unleash even more gaming performance with 3D-stacked L3 cache
The AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D is the first desktop processor with stacked L3 cache, delivering unmatched 96MB of L3 cache paired with incredibly fast cores to create the world’s fastest gaming desktop processor.3
How It's Built: AMD 3D V-Cache Technology
AMD Ryzen Desktop Spring 2022 Update
The Fastest in the Game¹
Whether gaming or creating, AMD Ryzen™ processors offer ultimate performance.
AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors power the next generation of demanding games, providing one of a kind immersive experiences and dominate any multithreaded task like 3D and video rendering, and software compiling.
The Latest Technologies
AMD Ryzen™ processors have all the best features to keep you in the game.
With great processing power comes the bleeding-edge technologies to support. All AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors come with a full suite of technologies designed to elevate your PC’s processing power including Precision Boost 27, Precision Boost Overdrive8, PCIe® 4.0 on select processors and Resizable BAR.
Build with Confidence
AMD Ryzen™ processors are easy to configure and easy to customize.
Not only are these processors drop-in ready on AMD 500 and select 4009 series motherboards with a simple BIOS update, you can easily tweak and tune your processor with Ryzen™ Master and AMD StoreMI.
AMD Ryzen™ Technologies
Elevate your PC’s performance with top-notch performance enhancing features.
Optimized for Enthusiasts
Pair your AMD Ryzen™ processor with a high-performance cooling system for unparalleled performance.
Windows® 11 Gaming
AMD powered PCs with Windows® 11 enable the ultimate gaming experience
AMD StoreMI Technology
A fast and easy way to expand and accelerate the storage in a desktop PC with an AMD Ryzen™ processor.
AMD "Zen 3" Core Architecture
The fastest cores in the world for PC gamers.
AMD RYZEN™ 7 5800X3D
- 8 CPU Cores
- 16 Threads
- 4.5GHz Max Boost Clock
- 3.4GHz Base Clock
- 105W TDP
- AMD 3D V-Cache™ Technology
|Model Number||Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Number of Threads||16|
|Max Boost Clock||Up to 4.5GHz|
|System Memory Speed||Up to 3200MHz|
|System Memory Type||DDR4|
|PCI Express Version||PCIe 4.0|
|Supported Technologies||AMD StoreMI Technology
AMD "Zen 3" Core Architecture
AMD Ryzen™ VR-Ready Premium
Windows® 11 Gaming
|Process Technology||TSMC 7nm FinFET|
- Based on AMD internal analysis September 2021. AMD Ryzen 5000 Series is the highest-rated current generation processor averaged across major e-tailer sites worldwide from November 2020-September 2021.
- Most Advanced is defined as 7nm process technology and AMD “Zen 3” core on a desktop processor as of January 2022. R5K-040
- Based on testing by AMD as of 12/14/2021. Performance evaluated with Watch Dogs Legion, Far Cry 6, Gears 5, Final Fantasy XIV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and CS:GO. All games test at 1920x1080p resolution with the HIGH in-game quality preset (or equivalent). System configuration: Ryzen 7 5800X3D and AMD Reference Motherboard with 2x8GB DDR4-3600. Core i9-12900K and ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard with BIOS 0702 and 2x16GB DDR5-5200. Both systems configured with GeForce RTX 3080 on driver 472.12, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Windows 11 28000.282. R5K-107
- Based on testing by AMD as of 12/14/2021. Performance evaluated with Watch Dogs Legion, Far Cry 6, Gears 5, Final Fantasy XIV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and CS:GO. All games test at 1920x1080 resolution with the HIGH in-game quality preset (or equivalent). System configuration: Ryzen 7 5800X3D and AMD Reference Motherboard, Ryzen 9 5900X and ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero with BIOS 3801. Both systems configured with 2x8GB DDR4-3600, GeForce RTX 3080 with 472.12 driver, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, NZXT Kraken X62, and Windows 11 28000.282. R5K-106
- Testing by AMD Performance labs as of 12/14/2021, based on the average FPS of 6 PC games at 1920x1080 with the high image quality preset using an AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D processor vs. Core i9-12900K. For Ryzen 5000 G-Series processors testing as of 5/5/2021, based on the average FPS of 11 PC games at 1920x1080 with the low image quality preset using an AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G vs Core i7-11700, both configured with integrated graphics. Results may vary. R5K-002.
- Testing by AMD Performance Labs as of May 5, 2021 using a Ryzen 7 5700G, Ryzen 5 5600G and Ryzen 3 5300G vs Intel Core i7-11700, Core i5-11600 and Core i3-10300 in 3DMark Time Spy using integrated graphics. Results may vary with configuration. R5K-070
- For additional information about Precision Boost 2, see https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/cpu-pb2. GD-188.
- Precision Boost Overdrive requires a compatible AMD Ryzen Threadripper, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processor, or AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processor and a motherboard compatible with one or more of these processors. AMD 2nd Ryzen processors including the Ryzen 3200G processor are not compatible with Precision Boost Overdrive. Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. GD-135.
- Select motherboards may require BIOS update based on date of manufacture or purchase.
- Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D Processor
- Bezel Sticker
- Instructions / Warranty Sheet