Seagate Ironwolf 4TB NAS Hard Drive
IronWolf is designed for everything NAS. Get used to tough, ready and scalable 24×7 performance that can handle multi-bay NAS environments across a wide range of capacities.
Designed for consumer and commercial NAS. Delivering Tough, Ready and Scalable 24x7 performance in multibay, networked environments
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray™ enables Dual-Plane Balancing and Time-Limited Error Recovery to deliver best-in-class RAID performance in multi-bay systems.
- Always On, Always Accessible IronWolf drives are designed for 24x7 usage, allowing users to access their data any time, anywhere.
- All-CMR Portfolio All IronWolf drives utilize Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) technology for consistent, best-in-class NAS performance.
- Up to 18TB Broad range of capacity options to deliver scalable and cost-efficient storage solutions.
- Built Tough IronWolf drives are rated for 180TB/year workload, allowing consumer and commercial NAS users to seamlessly store and work with large amounts of networked data.
- Superior Reliability and Dependability IronWolf drives are rated for 1M hours MTBF and include a 3-year limited warranty for hassle-free data storage and best-in-class total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors . Built-in RV sensors for vibration tolerance and consistent performance in multi-bay systems.
- IronWolf Health Management (IHM) Actively protect your NAS data with Prevention, Intervention, and Recovery recommendations to ensure peak system health.
- Peace of mind with Data Recovery IronWolf drives include three years of complimentary Rescue Data Recovery Services - in-house secure facilities, with an industry-leading recovery rate of 95% - so you do not have to incur high recovery costs in the event of accidental data corruption or drive damage.
NAS-optimized HDDs—offering performance, capacity, and high workload with CMR technology and AgileArray™ firmware.
Drive Health and Data Recovery
IronWolf Health Management, helps protect data with prevention, intervention, and recovery recommendations to ensure peak system health. Included with IronWolf drives is three years of complimentary Rescue Data Recovery Services, so users don't incur high recovery costs. In-house secure facilities, with an industry-leading 95% success rate, enable data recovery in the event of accidental data corruption or drive damage. Learn More
Meet Ever-increasing Storage Needs
As video production continued to grow for "TechTuber" Justin Robey's YouTube channel, Robeytech, so did its need for a more efficient, reliable, and secure data storage method. To ensure the integrity of their video content, Robeytech sought out high-capacity, NAS-specialized storage drives from Seagate. Learn More
|Make and Model||Seagate Ironwolf NAS 4TB Hard Drive|
|Drive Bays Supported||1-8 Bays|
|Drive Design (Air or Helium)||Air|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||180|
|Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensors||Yes|
|Error Recovery Control||Yes|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s)||202MB/s|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||5400|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||1,000,000|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E14|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8,760|
|Rescue Data Recovery Services (years)||3|
|Warranty, Limited Warranty (years)||3|
|Startup Current, Typical (12V, A)||1.8|
|Idle Power, Average (W)||3.2W|
|Average Operating Power (W)||3.7W|
|Standby Mode (W)||0.25|
|Sleep Mode (W)||0.25|
|Voltage Tolerance, Inc. Noise (5V / 12V)||±5% / ±10%|
|Operating (ambient, min °C)||5|
|Operating (drive case, max °C)||65|
|Nonoperating (ambient, min °C)||-40|
|Nonoperating (ambient, max °C)||70|
|Acoustics, Idle (typical, measured in Idle 1 state) (dBA)||23|
|Acoustics, Seek (typical) (dBA)||25|
|Shock, Operating/Nonoperating: 2ms (max)||80Gs/300Gs|
|Dimensions||0.795inin x 4.01in x 5.787in|
- Seagate Ironwolf NAS Hard Drive