ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II is the Quietest PSU in its Class
The Quietest 1000W Power Supply
Back with a vengeance, the second iteration of the ROG Thor 1000W Platinum wields cooling and component upgrades that make it the quietest PSU in its class*. And to compliment the latest high-end ROG motherboards and bring additional flair to beastly rigs, we've added a mirrored side panel that neatly frames the OLED display.
Based on Cybenetics PSU test result database entries before October 2021. For more information, please refer here.
- Lambda A++ Certification confirms the latest Thor wields menacing power in absolute stealth.
- ROG heatsinks cover critical components, delivering lower temperatures and reduced noise.
- A 135mm Axial-tech fan with PWM control delivers lower noise and keeps thermals in check.
- Built with 100% Japanese capacitors and other premium components to achieve 80 Plus Platinum Certification.
- OLED display monitors power draw in real time.
- Aura Sync compatibility lets you customize and sync lighting effects with other compatible hardware.
ROG heatsinks have 2x more volume than traditional designs, facilitating lower temperatures, longer component lifespan, and extended 0dB operation.
Axial-tech Fan Design
A 135mm Axial-tech fan with PWM control delivers lower noise and keeps thermals in check.
Dual Ball Fan Bearings
The fan impeller spins on a dual ball bearing setup that will last up to twice as long as a sleeve bearing design.
To reduce noise output, the PWM-controlled fan shuts off entirely when the PSU load is 50% or below.
Lambda A++ Certification
Thor II cooling upgrades result in a coveted Lambda A++ noise rating, confirming the latest iteration wields menacing power in absolute stealth.
80 Plus Platinum Certification
The ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II utilizes low-ESR Japanese capacitors to ensure efficient operation. These upgrades enable an 80 PLUS Platinum certification, which guarantees 89% efficiency at 100% load and 92% efficiency at 50% load. The increased efficiency results in less heat, reduces fan noise, and increases reliability.
OLED Power Display
The built-in OLED panel makes it easy to tune your system for best performance and efficiency.
ASUS Aura Sync: Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync is the illumination ecosystem that lets you synchronize lighting effects across your gaming rig, components, and peripherals. Customize the Aura ROG logo and/or add RGB lighting strips to accent your showcase build.
* If the connector cable is not used, the default color effect is rainbow. To enjoy Aura Sync, you'll need an Aura Sync-compatible ASUS or ROG motherboard. Similarly, the Smart Mode lighting effect, which reflects GPU temperature, requires use of a compatible ASUS or ROG graphics card.
A range of sleeved cables are bundled with Thor II, and we also provide a 20% CableMod discount.
PCIe Gen 5.0 Ready
Each ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II PSU is bundled with a 12-pin PCIe cable that can pipe up to 450W of power to PCIe Gen 5.0 graphics cards. Get ready for the future of power delivery.
The ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II is backed with a 10-year* warranty.
* Core product operation is guaranteed for 10 years. The OLED panel and RGB LEDs are subject to a 3-year warranty.
|Make and Model||ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II Power Supply|
|Form Factor||Intel® ATX 12V|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240Vac|
|Input Frequency Range||47 ~ 63Hz|
|Compliance||80 PLUS® Platinum ~92%|
|80 PLUS®||Yes, 80 PLUS® Platinum certified|
|Power Factor Correction||Active PFC|
|Cooling||135mm Axial-tech fan|
|Connectors||1 x ATX 24/20-pin Connector
2 x CPU 8-Pin (4+4) Connectors
6 x 4-Pin Peripheral Connectors
8 x PCI-E 8-Pin (6+2) Connectors
12 x SATA Connectors
1 x PCI-E 12-Pin Connector
|Modular Cable Type||Fully modular|
|Protection||OPP/ OVP/ UVP/ SCP/ OCP/ OTP|
|Dimensions||Approx. 190 x 150 x 86 mm|
- Asus ROG Thor Platinum II 80+ Plus Platinum ATX Modular Power Supply, 1000W
- Power Cord
- Mounting Screws
- Cable Ties
- ROG Sticker
- ROG Cable Ties
- User Manual