MSI's PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4: PRO Series Style And Performance
PRO series helps users work smarter by delivering an efficient and productive experience. Featuring stable functionality and high-quality assembly, PRO series motherboards provide not only optimized professional workflows but also less troubleshooting and longevity.
- Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors for LGA 1700 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4800+(OC) MHz
- Core Boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance
- Memory Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best performance, stability and compatibility
- Lightning Fast Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr
- Premium Thermal Solution: 7W/mK pad, additional choke thermal pad and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop works
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Intel® Wi-Fi 6 Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
USER FRIENDLY DESIGN
MSI motherboards feature tons of convenient and smart design for DIY users, countless system tuning and troubleshooting tools are at your disposal to push your system to new heights and satisfy even the most demanding tweaker. Makes it so easy to install your own motherboard without any issue.
M.2 Shield Frozr
World's fastest SSDs can start to lower performance when getting hot. Part of the motherboards heatsink design, M.2 SHIELD FROZR is the next generation M.2 thermal solution to avoid this by offering the best thermal protection to make sure that SSD maintains maximum performance.
Frozr AI Cooling
Detecting CPU & GPU temperatures and automatically adjusting fan duty of system fans to a proper value by adopting MSI AI ENGINE.
- Performance mode
- Silent mode
- Manual mode
Optimized for Water Cooling
Designed to support the most popular All-In-One & customized water cooling solutions on the market. A dedicated water pump PIN header supports up to 3 amp, giving you full control of the water pump speed. A clearly marked 'keep-out-zone' allows for easy and safe installation and a perfect fit.
Fully Controllable in BIOS and Software
MSI motherboards let you manage speeds and temperatures for all your system and CPU fans. Total Fan Control allows you check your primary system characteristics in a simplified graphical interface. You can also set up to 4 temperature targets for CPU and motherboard, which will adjust the fan speeds automatically.
The most important thing of DIY is expandability. MSI PRO series motherboards feature plenty possibility for prosumers' need. Stable LAN, faster storage and USB transfer speed and other expandable connectors are ready to enlarge your flexibility.
2.5Gbps LAN provides incredible data transfer speed faster than general Gigabit LAN. This is a premium solution for demanding users.
Wi-Fi 6 Surfacing with the Real MU-MIMO Technology
The WI-FI 6 adopts the latest OFDMA and two-way MU-MIMO technologies and could provide up to 4X network capacity and efficiency in the high signal density environment. Comparing to the WI-FI 5, which can only send the data packet to one device at a time on each channel, the WI-FI 6 could combine the packet, separate to several devices and allow signals from the different devices bundled together. This new technology provides all the devices in the same network environment with same and harmonious traffic bandwidth in an efficient way.
MSI LAN Manager automatically classifies and prioritizes the latency-sensitive applications, giving you the best online experience with low latency.
MSI PRO series motherboards are designed to satisfy any professional workflow. Elevate your listening pleasure and enjoy extreme sound quality. Moreover, with years of experience in creating performance enhancing tools that are easy to use, only the highest quality applications are at your disposal. The extensive features let you fine-tune your system to deliver reliable maximum performance.
Memory Boost & XMP
MSI OC LAB does not merely work hard on extreme overclocking. The XMP memory profile has great improvement on performance and efficiency for B660. Easy to enable XMP profile with auto power settings to get the best memory speed and stability.
Core Boost technology combines MSI's premium layout and optimized power design which allows for faster and undistorted current delivery to the CPU at pin-point precision. Not only supporting multi-core CPU, also creating the perfect conditions for your CPU overclocking.
- Dedicated high definition audio processor - Make sure you enjoy the purest sound quality in both stereo and surround sound.
- High quality audio capacitors - A high fidelity sound experience with exceptional acoustics and realism for studio level headphones is ensured.
- HD audio connectors - Keep you sound perfect by transmit your audio with pure digital signal.
Isolated Audio Signal
- Isolated audio design - Like a dedicated sound card, audio components and circuits have been laid on a reserved motherboard section and electrically isolated.
- Separated audio layers for clean left & right channels - Using separated layers in the PCB ensures equally pristine sound quality for both left and right audio channels.
All MSI PRO series motherboards have SECURITY function in BIOS to protect every private files for no matter business or daily use.
Secure boot is a security standard to make sure that a device boots using only software that is trusted. When the PC starts, the firmware checks the signature of each piece of boot software, including UEFI firmware drivers, EFI applications, and the operating system. The PC boots while the signatures are valid.
- Windows® 11 64-bit
|Make and Model||MSI B660M-A WI-FI DDR4 mATX Motherboard|
|CPU||Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
Supports processor socket LGA1700
See supported processors
|Chipset||Intel® B660 Chipset|
|Memory||4x DDR4 memory slots, support up to 128GB1
Supports non-ECC mode, un-buffered memory
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
1. Please refer to www.msi.com for more information on compatible memory.
See supported memory
|Expansion Slots||2x PCIe x16 slot (From CPU)
|Multi-GPU Support||Supports AMD® CrossFire™ Technology|
|Onboard Graphics||2x HDMI 2.1 with HDR ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4K 60Hz
2x DisplayPort 1.4 ports with HBR3, supporting a maximum resolution of 4K 60
|Storage||4x SATA 6Gb/s ports (From B660 chipset)
2x M.2 slots (Key M)
Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devicesSATA 8 will be unavailable when installing M.2 SATA SSD in the M2_2 slot.
1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps Type-C connector (From B660 chipset)
|LAN||1x Realtek® RTL8125BG 2.5Gbps LAN controller|
|Wireless Communication||Intel® Wi-Fi 6
|Audio||Realtek® ALC897 Codec
7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
|Back Panel I/O||Keyboard / Mouse
USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps Type-A
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps Type-A
|Internal I/O Connectors||1x 4-pin CPU fan connector
1x 4-pin water-pump fan connector
2x 4-pin system fan connectors
1x Front panel audio connector
2x System panel connectors
1x Chassis Intrusion connector
1x TPM module connector
1x Tuning Controller connector
1x TBT connector (supports RTD3)
1x Serial port
1x 4-pin RGB LED connector
2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors
4x EZ Debug LED
|Operating System||Supports Windows® 11 64-bit|
|Form Factor||Micro ATX Form Factor|
|Dimensions (LxW)||24.4 x 24.4 cm (9.6" x 9.6")|